Should I take AP Calculus or AP Stats next year?

I've always been a decent student in math, but I don't plan on pursuing it in my career. I'm a Junior entering my Senior, and I have a choice of whether to take AP Stats or AP Calculus. I've heard that AP Calculus "looks better" but it's harder, and that AP Stats is easier. I also plan on taking AP Spanish V, AP English, AP Psychology, and possibly an AP science (but I don't want to haha!) What do you suggest taking? Thanks so much! ♥

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hmm...I know if you want to pursue business, you would need both. If you know what you want to study in college as a major, look and see if they have math requirements for it and see if it's either Calculus or Stats so you can have that requirement fulfilled. I know for Psychology, you need to take Stats for it.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

That's already a LOT of AP classes. Frankly, I think you'll be swamped as it is. As for which is harder, it's actually different for different people. Some people find stats easier than calculus, some don't.

Think about what you'll want to be majoring in. If it's going to be any kind of science or engineering, then taking calculus now will help a lot in the long run, and usually mean less classes you'll have to take in college.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

If you're better at rote memorization, take statistics; if you're better at creative and abstract thinking, take calculus.

My opinion? Calculus is much more fun and interesting, so for me it was the easier subject. (I found statistics kinda boring, so it took more effort to stay focused.)

Also, I think calculus gives you a whole new outlook on the way things work in the physical universe, which will help whether you choose to pursue a degree in the arts or the sciences.

Good luck with all your AP classes!

• 1 decade ago

take APES and AP stat, AP stat is easier than calc if you don't like math

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

dont worry about where youre going to use it, just take the one that is going to get you into the best school. You're going to learn whatever math you need to learn once you get there. UT wants Cal I - II for transfer students for biology. Thats for transfers, not highschool. Just see what your target school wants.

• 1 decade ago

you should definitely take AP Calc.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.