Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

Pelosi wants you to pay for the health care of "Artists" so they can quit their day job. So.. should we?

Nancy Pelosi - This Week:

""Think of an economy where people could be an artist or a photographer or, eh, a writer without worrying about keeping their day job in order to have health insurance..."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35835370/ns/msnbc_tv-r...

So, according the person 3rd in line for the Presidency, we should pass this health care bill, so that we can pay for the health care of those that view having a "job" as an inconvenience to their artistic expression.

F/U ? What in the hell is wrong with the people of San Francisco ?

Uh.. Did I say I hated art ?

I'm a musician you idiot. Just not a f'ing lazy freeloader.

• Nikki
    Best Answer

This is Queen Nan consciously (or consciously) showing her royal, better than thou, side. She sees herself as a Marie Antoinette who deems her god-given right to choose the art that her subjects will enjoy. & she will use their taxes & he superior taste to support the right artists, ie, the ones that know how to suk up to her massive ego.

That does it. I'm going to write poetry (even though I suck at it). Have fun providing me with a home, health insurance, utilities, an ObamaMobile, food (only the best, 'cause I'm picky), and fast internet service along with all of the goodies.

I'll be honing up on my "skills", while the rest of you work!

<<<Moving to SF....

• h1e2r4

Typical far left thinking without thinking of the consequences of their policy. Everybody that didn't want to work to pay their own way in life would qualify for welfare. There isn't that much money out there on a continuous basis to support such leglislation.

They 1st question has to be does society consider they are creating value for society? Maybe the artist has to have enough love of their profession to be like the stereotype actor a waiter that does a demeaning job while improving on their chosen profession.

insurance companies use the money you pay in premiums to cover the medical bills of other policy holders.

the basic idea is the same, except the money is going into bigger, public pots instead of smaller, private pots.

and we should reform health care because it needed to be done two presidents ago.

Democrats believe that some people are Privileged and should be taken care of by the Peasants.

This is an artist Pelosi wants to help...

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/1027360/woman-aim...

Whew, this misinterpretation is really catching on, isn't it?

She is saying that people are currently forced to stay in a job they don't like just so they don't lose their health care; and that people should be allowed to choose what they want to do for a living without fear of losing that coverage.

Health insurance as a private customer is unreliable - the policy can be canceled at any time. The only safe way to get insurance is in a large group plan.

Why do you hate small business self employed people?

• Pelosi is going stark raving mad.

Suppose we ALL had health care, and all our rent and mortgage was paid, and all our food, and clothes, and our cars, yachts, and vacations... then NONE of us would have to worry about keeping a day job.