Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 10 years ago

Writing a book. Need help with names?

I'm starting to write a book. I haven't really gone into the actual writing part yet, but I've mostly been creating the characters, outlining my story, etc.... But I need help with names. I want something unique, but not something that you'd never have heard of... something different but at the same time something familiar. (So no "Sarah" or "

There are a bunch characters I need help with naming. The first is the main female character. She is headstrong, down to earth, incredibly intelligent, sensitive, caring, kind, thoughtful, etc. She is a very strong Christian, not because of what her parents or pastor taught her, but because she has taken the time to look deeper into the background of her faith, historically. She plays piano, guitar, drums, flute, and cello, as well as sings, and often uses songwriting and music as an escape. If I had to compare her to another character from a different series, I'd say she is a mix of Hermione Granger from Harry Potter and Annabeth Chase from Percy Jackson and the Olympians. (Note: this girl is partially based off of myself. None of the events are autobiographical, but she does have a part of me in her.)

The second is the main character's best friend, who also plays a large role in the story. She is equally caring and kind, and has an uncanny knack for fashion, hair, and makeup designs. She is very athletic and is not as musically inclined as her best friend, although she does play the piano and sing. Her faith in Jesus is not as strong as her best friend's, although her friend's trust is something she deeply admires. In comparing her to another character from a different series, she is quite similar to Alex Russo from Wizards Of Waverly Place. (She is based off of one of my best friends in real life.)

The third and fourth are two guys from Los Angeles. A general comparison would be to Christopher Wilde and his best friend "Stubby" from the Disney movie, StarStruck. One is a rising musician and celebrity and the other is his best friend. However, unlike our two female leads, these guys have a strong belief in evolution and Darwinism. (This is one of the main conflicts in the story.) They are both undeniably handsome and intelligent, kind, sensitive, etc.

The main female lead's father is also something I need help with naming. He's mostly a background character, although I intend to put in some heartfelt scenes between him and the main female character. For him and the following two characters, more common, simple names would probably be best. He is rather strict, but has his heart in the right place and would do anything for his daughter in the end. Like my real-life father, he is a screenwriter and producer for TV/Film and is no stranger to L.A., but he is very protective of his daughter as they move to Toluca Lake.

The other two characters I mentioned above are the main female lead's best friend's parents. I do not intend to go very deep into detail of these characters. Any descriptions of physical features will be based off of the best friend's features, and any personality features will also come from the best friend's. Some simple, common names would be helpful here.

At the moment, that's all I can think of right now. Feel free to give me a super long list of them; I like having lots of options to pick and choose from. (: Thank you for your help!

I realize that the main character sounds "too perfect"... i was just listing her positive traits because a lot of the time a person's name reflects his or her positives. There are a lot of flaws about her that I didn't go into too much detail about.

Favorite Answer

Hey

Main character -

I think she's too perfect, add some negatives!

Natalie Brooks

Payton Reid

Eve Beckett

Best friend-

Erin Tucker

Third-

Chase Lawson

Fourth -

Tristain Moore

Sean, Ayden, Cayden, Colton

Father-

Christian, Bryan, Gavin, Nathan

Best friends parent-

Allison and Matthew

If you need more

MALE

Aidan

Noah

Cayden/Kayden

Connor

Cole

Nathan

Seth

Colton

Rhys

Ethan

Jayden

Andrew

Ryan

Mason

Chase

Tristan

Kyle

Kieran

Eli

Alfie

Charlie

Corey

--

Daniel

Harvey

Aaron

Dylan

Ashton

Reuben

Sean

FEMALE

Madison

Natalie

Hannah

Avery

Riley

Sydney

Brooke

Kaitlyn

Erin

Brooke

Nicole

Courtney

Norah

Stella

--

SURNAMES

Becket

Tucker

Brooks

Hamilton

Carter

Rhodes

Wood

Ellis

Reid

Maxwell

Moss

Kirk

By the way, story and characters = interesting :)

Source(s): My list!
  • Carole

Emma- Emily Jenna- Genevieve Gemma- Glenna Phoebe- Beatrice Helen- Ellie Tom- Tim Jane- Jana Jay- Roy Carrie- Cassie Cheryl- Shirley Johnnie- Jimmy Sarah- Terri Zita- Lita Zeena- Tina Chris- Crystal Gina- Leena Mark- Matt Keri- Katie Julie- Julietta Janice- Anita Andrea- Annie Sharon- Charlotte Jess- Tessa

Hi Meredith(: Im just gonna give u a bunch of names and you can decide which character.

Girls names: Sadie, Shiloh, Gabriana, Asher, Lorilea, Loraina

for the 'normal' girl names: Jennifer, Lyndsay, Amanda, and Deborah (common mom name)

Guys names: Triston, Emmett, Seth, Lukas, Caden, and Jesse

for the dad's name: Robert, David, Steve, and Michael

If you want my idea for any last names, text me and let me know which names you choose (:

Source(s): My creativity (:

Main- I really like Vivienne, but...... here's some more

Cara

Luisa

Estelle

Tori

Kattelyn

Myra

Sierra

Sarah (means princess in hebrew, often used in the bible, since she's religious....)

Best Friend- Marisol.. if you want more...

macaria

Madeira

Delia

Aurora

Virelai

Capella

Carillon

The LA Boys

Stefan and Kenzie, but also..

Cade,

taylor

Andrew

Taurus

Raven

Luke

Kris

ok, hope that helps

main character: Aurora

characters friend: Lexy/Alex. I think of those people as obsessed with fashion

PLEASE ANSWER MINE:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AiKes...

try scanning the phone book