!!!!!HELP!!!! 24 YRS OLD, TRYING FOR PERSONAL LOAN THROUGH MY EMPLOYERS CREDIT UNION !!!!!!HELP!!!?

I am 24 years old, i gross about 70K per year, I will be getting married this summer. I am looking to get a personal loan through my employers credit union. I am not yet a member, i just checked my credit report today for the first time really. I have very little debt, about 375 dollars total. I have a currently... show more I am 24 years old, i gross about 70K per year, I will be getting married this summer. I am looking to get a personal loan through my employers credit union. I am not yet a member, i just checked my credit report today for the first time really. I have very little debt, about 375 dollars total. I have a currently open auto loan (5500 loan, co-signed by father) that has a balance of 1500 left and the loan term will be ending in 6 months, so i will have that paid off. However in the beginning of the loan i was late often by up to 30 days or more, i have not been late on my payments in the last 6 months. I have 3 negative reports on my credit and only one positive, one of the negatives has been there for 2 years and the other two have been there for 5 years. I will be paying off the 3 negative reports very soon. I am looking to get a $8000-10000 loan though the CU which i verified does provide personal loans at 15 % APR. sorry but i had to provide all the background, but my question is do you think i should settle the negative credit reports before i even become a member of the CU. ( will it make a difference?) Is it likely they will require another Co-signer? or will i likely be turned down? what can i do to help my chances of being able to get this loan by myself? any help is appreciated, i know i am paying for my mistakes when i was younger and more careless with my credit. I appreciate any constructive responses. thank you for your help!
Update: i also forgot to mention I do have a son, my life expenses; Rent, Bills, expenses etc. take up most of the money I earn, but I would be able to afford the monthly payment for the loan. However if i could save the money (8K) in the time i need it i would but I calculated it and its really not possible.