Need help with refrigerator?

A few days ago, our refrigerator started getting warm and I have no idea why.

It still kicks on and off, I was told I needed to have freon put in it, but I also read that there should be no reason for my refrigerator to get low on freon. It is an older fridge, 6 or 7 years old.

I can't feel air blowing in the freezer anymore either.

Please help me.

• Missy
    Favorite Answer

you need a PTC on the compressor. It is a simple fix here is a link to my article to replace it.

http://gomestic.com/do-it-yourself/how-to-replace-...

Source(s): 32 years appliance repair

Sounds like you could have a couple of problems. First is the defrost system. As ice builds up and is not taken away by the defrost heating coils then the ice builds up to a point to where it blocks all air circulation. This in itself will cause the unit to stop cooling properly. Second is the evaporator fan motor has gone bad. This will stop air from blowing in the freezer and also cause the freezer to ice up. It's possible that the condenser coils are extremely dirty and need to be cleaned. They are located in two places depending on brand. Some coils are on the back of the unit and some are underneath the unit. In either case you can clean them yourself. but the other mentioned problems need to be addressed by a trained tech. Unplug refrigerator for 24 hours, clean coils while unit is unplugged. After unit has been off said time period then apply power and observe for another 12 hours for proper operation. Check and make sure freezer fan is blowing. If fan is blowing then you have a problem with the unit that a trained tech needs to check out.

IT could be stuck in defrost or fan has broke! LOOK FOR A SMALL HOLE BY CONTROL rotate with a small screwdriver ,listen for a click!!!!! ,also unplug and clean out dust and dirt around coils!