where to send amended return for a return processed with ITIN?

I complete my return enclosing an ITIN( Internationale Tax Identification Number) application number for my wife who at this time does not have a SSN..

However after i receive my 1099 which amount i forget to include in 1040, i have to file a 1040X and i have to include a payment(originally i will have a refund of $820, but with $25 less after i amended the return ) so i have to include a money order of $25..

but they say you have to send it to where your return was processed, and their address is IRS Internal Revenue Service

Austin Service Center

ITIN Operation

P.O. Box 149342

Austin, TX 78714-9342

im afraid they only deal with return with ITIN (specialised in ITIN) i dont know who is going to process the return itself when they finish the issuing of a ITIN..

Help me please

Favorite Answer

Since your tax return hasn't been processed yet, what's your state?

Don't mail in the 1040X until it's processed, but DO send in the money order to the correct campus, using the zip code xxxxx-0010 and mark it 2009 1040X.

Eg, if you would have mailed to Fresno, 93888-0010.

IMHO, your obligation to him ended when he failed to act on the ITIN letters. Feel free to charge him full fees for the amended returns or suggest that he go elsewhere to have them done. By the way, if he owes tax on 2004, the 2004 return can still be amended. The rule is 3 years *or* 2 years from the date taxes were still being paid. He wouldn't get an actual cash refund, but he could amend to knock the tax bill down to a smaller amount or to even zero.

Call the IRS and ask your question 1-800-829-1040

• tro

if it says you mail it to the address where the return was processed, that's where you send it