Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsRodents · 1 decade ago

I want to start a guinea pig sanctuary?

I am 13. I have two guinea pigs of my own. But i'd like to get loads more, keep on adopting them from animal shelters. I could keep males and females because they would be all nutered. Would this be a good idea to take in all different guinea pigs ? If I adopt only a few males like one or two, they could be best friends and I could have a whole herd of females. I don't want to do it now when i'm older. How could I make a start now ?

Favorite Answer

Sorry Jason, but I don't agree. I would love to start a guinea pig sanctuary aswell! It will cost alot of money but it will also help alot of guinea pigs! I'd start now, but not get too many, then when you get older maybe get even more? Just make sure you give them all equal love and care and they'll be fine!!!

Lucy.

xxxx

p.s If you ever go on holiday make sure you have someone VERY dedicated to look after them all!!

• Bailey

start palaning what you need like cages and room you will need also think how much it cost a month. QUick question why not when you are older start your own pig shelter and foster from other shelters that seems to be a good idea for you of course that will be a full time job but animals are amazing and what you are planing will be great i would say ask your mom and dad if you can foster a guinea pig from the shelter that may help

Like what jason said.It costs a Heap o money. U will have to get HUNDREDS of water bottles.Cages.Food dishes.sawdust.Hay and all that!! think about how your money is going to go before u do it.You can go bankrupt for what? sorry for being so negative.But u do have to think of these things.Its alot of rresponsibilityfor a 13 year old. All that cleaning out.Finding time to play/love them when your busy doing homework for school you have to think of these things before you take on the responsibility.You may want to get some workers but as i say again that costs money.Discuss it with your parent(s) and see what they say.If it helps get a part-time job to earn some back up money.All of your things you need will cost alot of money,Just bear that in mind.

I myself have 2 guinea pigs and its hard enough just taking care of them. If its something you want to dedicate a few years to though go ahead. But it will cost a lot of money.