Which spelling of 'spelt'/'spelled' is the British/American way?

Mass globalisation has really confused my spelling. Like, right now, I know I'm supposed to spell globalisation with a 's', but Yahoo!Answers is telling me to do it with a 'z'. On another note, which 'z' pronunciation, 'zee' or 'zed', is used in Britain or America?
Update: Actually, I'm in Australia. However, we have to officially follow the Brits spelling-wise and pronunciation-wise so I just wanted to know what was 'correct' in my country.
Update 2: So, UK says 'spelt'... do they spell it that way to or is it just a dialect thing?
Update 3: *too - Sorry, typo. I at least have to spell too right!
Update 4: FYI, Yahoo has an Australian edition as well, with Australian spellings. The spelling suggestions, as I've just discovered, are actually caused by my Firefox browser using an English-US dictionary, not an English-AU dictionary (suited for me). I checked spelt just then and yes, 'spelt' is spelt... show more FYI, Yahoo has an Australian edition as well, with Australian spellings. The spelling suggestions, as I've just discovered, are actually caused by my Firefox browser using an English-US dictionary, not an English-AU dictionary (suited for me). I checked spelt just then and yes, 'spelt' is spelt 'spelt' in Australia and Britain.