Choose one of the following viruses: poliomyelitis(polio), rabies, ebola virus, hanta virus?
How do humans get this virus?
What are the symptoms?
What are the treatments, if any?
Is there a vaccine?
When did we first become aware of this virus?
What is most interesting to you about this virus?
Cant be too hard if you know about any of these viruses but i sure dont
Please and thank you
TEN POINTS TO MOST DETAILED AND INFORMATIVE WHILE ANSWERING ALL THE QUESTIONS ALSO
THANKS SO MUCH!!!!
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
Polio for example:
1) Most commonly faecal-oral route (i.e. infected faecal matter somehow manages to get to oral passage of another host).
2) About 90% cause no symptoms at all. However, symptoms can include partial paralysis of areas, as the virus attacks motor neurones.
3) Currently no cure for polio, treatment focuses on relieving symptoms, speeding recovery and preventing complications.
4) Yes, there is a vaccine.
5) Was first recognized distinctly in 1840.
6) Personally I find it interesting that it can exist in so many hosts without symptoms, and that when symptoms do present themselves, that they can be so varied.Also that there is still no cure for something that has been around for well over 100 years.
There ya go, hope that helps :)
- 6 years ago