How to connect a ps3 slim to a pc monitor with sound.?

How do I do this? I want to do this because I want to avoid using my old 20in sdtv and since I don't have the money for a hdtv for my basement, I figure I could just use a computer monitor I already own. It has vga and dvi with hdcp, HOWEVER- what I can't figure out is how to get the sound from the... show more How do I do this? I want to do this because I want to avoid using my old 20in sdtv and since I don't have the money for a hdtv for my basement, I figure I could just use a computer monitor I already own. It has vga and dvi with hdcp, HOWEVER- what I can't figure out is how to get the sound from the ps3's hdmi cable to a pair of pc speakers. What do I have to buy to get my ps3 to display on a pc monitor, in hd quality, and get the sound to come through the pc speakers (unless there is a better way). (They are regular stereo speakers with a 3.5mm input, I know that's poor quality but sound isn't what I'm concerned with)
If your going to suggest a site to buy from, please try to make it amazon or ebay, thanks.
Update: also, the computer that's in the basement is wayyyyy to old to use a video card with a hdmi input or a tv tuner card.
1 answer 1