What are some really cool facts about the state you live in?

If you don't live in America, what are really cool things about your country, because I don't know that much about other country's fun facts... anyway.... I just find this stuff interesting.
Update: to meagan, sorry, I accidentily hit the thumbs down when I meant to hit the thumbs up. I have all four seasons too. Even though spring seems a little too short....
Update 2: wow, a LOT of people from Chicago...
Update 3: or, Illinois, I should say.
Update 4: or, Illinois, I should say.
Update 5: Hey Topher, I live in Nebraska, believe me, I know what you mean about the nothing for entertainment. But we were voted happiest state last year... which if that's the case they obviously didn't actually ask people. The weird thing about where I live is that Omaha and Lincoln are two of the most dangerous... show more Hey Topher, I live in Nebraska, believe me, I know what you mean about the nothing for entertainment. But we were voted happiest state last year... which if that's the case they obviously didn't actually ask people. The weird thing about where I live is that Omaha and Lincoln are two of the most dangerous cities in the US (Omaha's top 5 or 10 I think) and yet if you leave Omaha it's nothing but hills and grass...