Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

Pelosi says we should pay for "Artists" Health Care so they don't have to keep their day job. So, should we?

Today - Nancy Pelosi:

"Think of an economy where people could be an artist or a photographer or, eh, a writer without worrying about keeping their day job in order to have health insurance..."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35835370/ns/msnbc_tv-r...

So this is why we need Health Care Reform? LMAO So some dude can ( instead of going to a job) sleep late, then get up, grab his bong for a wake-n-bake then work on his painting ?

What a terrible and mean society that we have when "artists" might have to have a day job !

If Liberals weren't so dangerous, they'd be a great source of free comedy.

Best Answer

Yes, health care reform would be a huge benefit to the self-employed such as artists. And artists have contributed to society for THOUSANDS OF YEARS. Artists work is some of the longest lasting pieces of civilization from empires that are long gone.

It would not be cool if all self-employed artists had to work at a fruit roll up factory in order to get health care. The art of our country will last longer than us and adds to the greatness of our country.

I find it hilarious that conservatives are so uncultured and barbaric that they see art as frivolous and unnecessary but I suppose that if you were a manager at a glade plugins factory you are contributing more to the greatness of America than an artist who's work is still affecting people hundreds or thousands of years later?

• R J

Hey I am real good at picking football game winners, it's called touting and I blivet it would be considered artistic and sure wouldn't mind free health care. Sure i could pick more winners.

But wait the artist might be able to sue their employer because if they only make enough to buy insurance hen they are being paid less than minimum wage.

I did know an exotic dancer that was also an artist and not sure if they had health insurance, but looked real healthy, but in her case I told her not to quit her day or in this case night job as the painting were not that great. I mean a bush with some flowers on it and you had to really be creative to see that.

Just kidding I never told her that, but that's how they looked. Didn't Speaker Pelosi finally admit she doesn't know what is in that bill that the private company created? If so how would she know that.

Add on, wait a minute she was an artist, you know a dancer.

Source(s): iceagenow.com

I agree that they are dangerous. It was cute when they were just spitting out their rhetoric. We knew that they were just high. They now have control of ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING and can make sure that this happens. This is absolutely sickening and the free market should decide which artists should make a living and which ones will have to go to work like the rest of us.

I am still amazed that most college students and half of these liberals agree that they should be paid to create.

I think that I am going to start drawing. I want to stay at home and draw pictures of pigs and goats. You will pay for my health insurance, rent and drugs that I will get on.

That does it. I'm going to write poetry (even though I suck at it). Have fun providing me with a home, health insurance, utilities, an ObamaMobile, food (only the best, 'cause I'm picky), and fast internet service along with all of the goodies. I'll be honing up on my "skills", while the rest of you work! <<<Moving to SF....

Somewhere deep inside of that woman there must be a little voice screaming for her to stop talking. But she must ignore it just like she is ignoring the people that pay her salary and give her the ability to enjoy all of the best.

I do believe she thinks she has reached escape velocity .

There are many things that I would like to do, if I had the money or if someone would give me the money.

Why should I give up more of my money that I have worked for to give some artist the ability to pursue his dreams, when I do not have the money that I need to pursue my dreams?

• L.T.M.

Pelosi is the one hitting the Bong! We need to start drug testing congress.

I wish pelosi would quit HER day job and go into art

it would be a sad day for art, but a great day for America

Oh, wonderful! Will I have to buy their paintings too?

Those lazy bum's can pay for their own health care.