julz
Lv 7
julz asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 10 years ago

Silly question: What do you say when someone compliments your dog?

Sometimes when I'm walking our dogs, somebody stops and says they're cute. Do I say thank you? Because I had nothing to do with them being cute; they did that on their own (or their doggie parents did it). We didn't even pick them based on their looks; we just got dogs that needed homes. So is "thank you" OK, or would you say something else?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Best Answer

Say thank's and agree with them because you love them (the dog that is) :p

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Just be polite and say thank you even though we had nothing to do about them being cute but you own them now because it might leave than wondering.

Source(s): Me
  • 10 years ago

I usually say no he is pretty ugly but if you think he is cute great!

really he is a rescue with a crooked nose and an 'elvis sneer to his mouth' but

he has a good personality.

• 4 years ago

I usually just say "haha I like him" or "yes he's a nice doggy"

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

I get that too. Usually i'll just say thanks and tell em what kind of dog he is (he's a mutt, but you can also do that with rare-breed dogs or purebred dogs that would be mistaken for mutts)

You could also try something like....

"He's mine sucker! You'll never take him alive! mwahahahahahahaha!" and then run away!

Source(s): me
  • Adam
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

Say thanks and maybe let him/her pet it its a compliment and im sure the rescue dogs would like the nice treatment.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

i always say..he is a cutie isn't he! thats my boy! if its a nice person ..i might pursue a conversation most dog lovers are good people.

• 10 years ago

Smile and say :"Oh, that's nice of you to compliment my dogs, thank you".

• 10 years ago

Just smile and say "thanks" and if they have a dog too add in "So is yours"

simple as that

• 10 years ago

just say "thank you, thats why we bought him/her" and maybe throw in a quick compliment about their dog as well

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.