Should I teach Feraligatr Superpower or Earthquake on Pokemon Platinum?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Spanky
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Let's compare the two: Earthquake has a base power of 100, versus Superpower's 120. Earthquake has 16 max PP, Superpower has 8 max PP. Superpower lowers Feraligatr's Attack and Defense stats one level each, Earthquake does not. Both give you super-effective moves against five types.

The deal breaker is all in how you use Feraligatr. I'm assuming you want a sweeper, since you're giving it moves like Earthquake and Superpower, and also since it's really what Feraligatr was designed for. Easily the best sets for Feraligatr involve Swords Dance and Dragon Dance. That makes me think Superpower is a little counter-intuitive. Once you set up with Swords/Dragon Dance, you're going to want to stay in and sweep. Superpower requires you to either take another turn of set-up or switch out. And staying in to set up again is risky, since you just lowered your Defense.

I'd go with Earthquake, seems like it'll do more for you.

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Should I teach Feraligatr Superpower or Earthquake on Pokemon Platinum?

Source(s): teach feraligatr superpower earthquake pokemon platinum: https://biturl.im/t9kq1
  • 1 decade ago

Good evening!

You can use both of them on the same set if you are using a Choice Band set.

But otherwise, Earthquake is the superior choice especially on the Dragon Dance set. Feraligatr tends to draw in electric types so if you can Dragon Dance on the switch-in, you can outspeed most Electric types (barring Electrode and Jolteon unless you are runnning Jolly) and KO them with Earthquake before they can use a Super effective Thunderbolt on you.

The coverage provided by Superpower and Earthquake overlap each other. Superpower is good for Blissey but she's already taking a bucketload of damage from Waterfall (which most Feraligatr should learn). Besides, Superpower gets weaker and weaker and lowers your Defense stat making you wide open to Physical Threats like Leafeon, Venusaur, Sceptile, Hariyama, Hitmontop, and more. Superpower does do more to steel and ice types than Earthquake or Waterfall however.

Hope this helps!

• 4 years ago

Superpower Pokemon

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Kirby
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Why not both? A good move set for it would be ice punch/earthquake/superpower/waterfall. Although if you have to choose earthquake is more relyable.

• 5 years ago

Waterfall, no doubt. Feraligatr has a Sp Attack stat that is much lower than its Attack stat. Despite this, Hydro Cannon is so powerful that it will probably still do more damage. But not much more. Hydro Cannon's 90% is not bad but it's not as reliable as Waterfall's 100%. And the recharge turn can be extremely costly.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Earthquake ;D It's better

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

neither. those are both lame moves

Source(s): me
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.