Nike SQ Dymo or Nike SQ Dymo 2. 10 points for best answer?

I have decided to get one of these two drivers. I need some help deciding which one to get. I like the dymo (rounded) because of it's more traditional shape and the fact that it is easy to shape your shots. I like the dymo (squared) because it is designed to make your shots straighter. I want the dymo 2, because it will give me immediate satisfaction due to straightness, but I want the dymo because I will be able to grow into it when I get better and I want to start shaping my shots. Any help is deeply appreciated. Thank you.

• x-15a2
    Best Answer

Given your arguments, I would go with the dymo because you will more quickly out grow the Dymo 2. While straight is great, shaping the shot is hot!

I can tell I ran into the same problem, but with my woods. The conclusion I came to was by the time I can consistantly shape my shots and am able to cure my slice. I would be able to upgrade to the club that will help me achieve what I am going for. So I decided to get the DYMO 2 because until I am able to control my game and be consistant just learning to strike the ball properly and learn what my swing is, shaping my shots is not a big concern right now. But you should go to a pro shop and talk to people there they will be able to help decide what is best for your ability.

you should go with the SQ Dymo. I tried both of them and with the SQ Dymo 2 it was harder for me to swing, you feel a lot of wind drag in your swing, I think thats what makes you hit your drives straighter, but it feels uncomfortable

Please try not to be "suckered" into the golf hype. Both driver can be "worked". Both drivers can be hit straight. The shot pattern is up to you and YOUR swing. I've had both, more than once, and they play alright. I like a deeper face, but that's me. All of you out there that think I'm being hard to get along with, buy the square driver. You will be "working" it in no time. Right out into the woods. I once heard a gallery person ask V.J. Singh "how do I work the ball". He looked the person square in the eye and said," Why would you want to. Hitting it straight is what we ALL are trying to do." Think about it, and take it to heart. Now, back to the drivers. Buy the one you like. When you don't like it anymore, buy a different one. That's how the game is REALLY played.

I would go with the SQ Dymo 2,beacuse it is very upgraded,too.

I would personally take both of the clubs to a driving range and see how they would in the real would. If that is not posibble, try both of the clubs at your local shop that has a launch monitor there to see the difference in flight/distance. Another way to decide is to look at the tour pro's. At that level very few use the square head clubs.

The question is when you address the ball do you like a Square or a rounded shape ?

I own Nike Sumo rounded shape driver and it's the straightest driver I ever own.

So it depends on your preference.

You can grow into both- the DyMo2 isn't a "one trick pony". If you really like the 2, get the 2.