Jim asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 10 years ago

What Did You Think of Howard Stern's Comments About Gabourey Sidibe From The Movie "Precious"?

He said on his radio show:

"She's not gonna have no career in Hollywood after this. What movie is she gonna be in? You tell me...

Maybe "The Blind Side 2".. that will work... she'll block the whole freakin' team"

Best Answer

It''s a crass insensitive comment but he's entitled to freedom of speech.

To survive in Hollywood one has to b thick headed as well as hearted.Gabby has a TV show & 2 movies on her list proves being fat can't b a criteria for success.But being obese is a prob in d long run both physically & mentally.So there will b zillion's of H Sterns.She should stop reacting to such megalomaniacs giving them news space.Gabby should take it in her stride & in a +ve manner try to lessen her waist to lead a fit healthy life.She is young talented, so impossible is not a word for her after sharing d stage with famous stars that we get to see only in the skies & Airports.

Source(s): Showbiz tonight on WB TV channel & my own feelings on this subject.

Howard Stern loves the sound of his own voice. He was controversial enough that he built up a loyal fan base for a while. However, his buzz has died down considerably, and I don't know of anyone who really is devoted to him anymore. And the people who used to listen to him have pretty much drifted away from him.

Satellite/subscription radio is dwindling, and Stern can't really make it on the open air any more.

Plus, yeah, he has a lot of nerve talking about someone else's looks. He's ugly on the outside, and he's ugly to listen to. I can't stand him myself. I think that he appeals mostly to males in the 16-25 demographic, the ones that like to think that they're dangerous bad boys, but are really all hat and no cattle, as we say here in Texas.

• lex

He should talk. He is ugly with a capital U. Why does he think his little blonde tropy wife married him? And I have a feeling the incredibly annoying Al Sharpton is going to get his ***.

I don't know Gabourey but she seems really sweet and humble.

He's a "shock jock", he gets paid to be an ***. Sad, really, when you look at all the people on here that are wasting their potential, they could be getting paid to do that ****, but instead their attempts are even more sad because they get nothing but a cheap thrill out of it all :P

Actually, he may be right. "Precious" was such a huge role for her that the only way to go from here is down.

• ???

he has a lot of nerve to talk about other people's looks when he himself is one of the ugliest men on the planet.

• Dude

he's jsutr getting ratings, i don;t take him seriously i just laugh

• Mike

Well, I'm sure that women thought Stern's comments were hilarious, because he's a "bad boy".

Deny it all you want. Women LOVE Stern.

I don't care what he has to say. He's a loser.