is there a solution to illegal immigration?

Illegal immigration problem isn't going to be solved over night and any solution that I have found has major flaws.

Amnesty.

- currently UCIS are overload with work, how would they be able to cope if 13 million new applications needed to be processed.

- If illegal immigrants were granted amnesty what would stop more illegal immigrants crossing the boarder, would you need to grant amnesty every 20 years to increasing number of illegal immigrants.

- How are we to know what the back ground is of all these illegal immigrants, what is to stop murders, rapists, etc gaining legal status and hence avoiding prosecution for their crimes.

- Wouldn't all the illegal immigrants start using facilities the same as citizens, since they will be able to legally. This increase wouldn't be covered by the taxes collected.

- Wouldn't this have a negative effect of the unemployed.

- Wouldn't this increase prices and cause unemployment to hispanics.

- wouldn't employers simply hire the new wave of illegal immigrants and we have 13 million new unemployed citizens.

Removal;

- how exactly would you remove 13 million people?

- How much would it cost to house, feed and pay for removal of 13 million people?

- How long would the processing time be to remove the people?

- Were would the resources come from, each state, the government, etc?

- Who would pay for this?

- What's to stop the same people returning again?

Reforming the law to allow more immigrants of low skill:

- Illegal immigrants already take more job of african American in the low skilled worker than anyone else.

- the low skilled worker have the highest rate of unemployment out of any band would increasing the number of workers in this area be beneficial at all.

- If the population control done by UCIS stayed in place wouldn't this effect high skilled workers visa application.

- UCIS struggles already with the number of applications would more simply cause longer delays?

- It is often stated that illegal immigrants can't afford the Visa fees would increasing the number of visas have any effect on the number of illegal immigrants or would it simply increase the amount low skilled visa applications from Europe?

Enforcing the currently law and prosecuting employers of illegals.

- Removal in great numbers wouldn't occur.

- Would have negative effects on the local economy as some business shut.

- Illegals would find ways to continue to work until the company is raided and then simply go under ground.

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Best Answer

Amnesty.

- currently UCIS are overload with work, how would they be able to cope if 13 million new applications needed to be processed. (If you charge them $5000 each you would generate over 60 billion dollars to pay for computers, eye scanners and man power)

- If illegal immigrants were granted amnesty what would stop more illegal immigrants crossing the boarder, would you need to grant amnesty every 20 years to increasing number of illegal immigrants.(They would have to prove they have been here for 3 years and stayed out of trouble and they would be ID, eyescanned and fingerprinted and photographed it would not be amnesty since there is a hard consequense, it would be an immigration reform program, we have to draw the line somewhere and coming down hard on criminals has to be done)

- How are we to know what the back ground is of all these illegal immigrants, what is to stop murders, rapists, etc gaining legal status and hence avoiding prosecution for their crimes.

(If they have commited crimes here we have them on the books we just need to integrate the police computer files with SSA, ICE and IRS as well otherwise we would start because you have to have a baseline somewhere and if they say they are Jose Fernandez even if they were not, now they would have that ID in the computer and have to stick with the same name instead of changing often like many do)

Right now illegals only have to give their name and nothing more. If they do not have documents with them and their prints are not in any database then they can say they are from wherever, get sent back and be back within a couple of weeks. We can't jail them and pay for their food, housing etc....

- Wouldn't all the illegal immigrants start using facilities the same as citizens, since they will be able to legally. This increase wouldn't be covered by the taxes collected. (Actually they would not be made citizens because there is a trial period that would be granted and they would have to learn English, stay out of trouble with no major crimes etc... to qualify. Now that we would have 12 million paying taxes we would be collecting about 68 billion in taxes rather than the 22 billion as now and with amendments we could make it so they still don't get that money back until they are citizens. )

- Wouldn't this have a negative effect of the unemployed. (This seems like it would have a negative affect but really it would be a positive overall affect since they would be legal, remember these are the low end jobs that people have and can get without a High School diploma) People that really want a job can get one. My friend told me he was going to lay off all the employees that were not eagles. This meant that the best that really worked would stay and the rest would go, we all need to step up and become better at what we do.

- Wouldn't this increase prices and cause unemployment to hispanics.(Prices would not fluctuate nor go down near as much by doing this, on the other hand if we kicked them all out then there would be drastic price increases)

- wouldn't employers simply hire the new wave of illegal immigrants and we have 13 million new unemployed citizens. ( They would have to show employement, that they have learned English, they would have to show they had no criminal record and the list goes on. Most hispanics have been and are willing to do whatever it takes to make money, they unlike many Americans don't sit at home they are out sweeping, cleaning up or whatever can be found. With the new ID program with the E-verify tied to IRS, ICE and SSA and police agencies would make it more difficult for new illegals to get jobs although not impossible. Right now the gov estimates are 10.8 million not 13 because many have left due to the economic situations we are having.

Removal;

- how exactly would you remove 13 million people? (Almost impossible, it would take over 166,000 buses backed up over 1200 miles if you filled them all back to back, the man power needed would be overwhelming, if you only had one agent per bus that is 166,000 agents, I don't know about you but in my city we have 6 full time ICE agents even tripling the amount of agents which we don't have the manpower or money to do would be an incredible task)

- How much would it cost to house, feed and pay for removal of 13 million people?

The cost would be incredible, also don't forget that they have 4 million children that are US Citizens that will be left to each state's foster care system to care for at a cost of over 14 billion a year. We don't have the facilities to accomplish this nor anywhere near the man power and the Gov knows this.

- How long would the processing time be to remove the people? If we had the manpower the processing time would take using the existing facilties assuming you could process 21,600 per day it would take 555 days but this assumes that you could do that many per day and yes you would need to feed, cloth, pay transpo

Source(s): www.uscis.gov and footwork for a lawyer. I spend allot of time with hispanics
  • 4 years ago

First and foremost, enforce the laws that we have on the books with illegal immigration. The supreme court should overturn the 14th amendment loophole that allows for anchor babies. We should build a fence along the Mexico border. Tighten down all of the forces that are pulling illegal immigrants to this country. After we have satisfactorily tightened down the border, we can than look at what to do with whoever is here. Deport anybody who is in jail and illegal. Everybody else as payment to become citizens should either have to serve in the military or serve in some sort of federal government program. After tightening down the border we can also take a look at our current legal immigration system and fix any problems that are currently affecting it.

• Sasori
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

The most obvious solution is to take away incentives.

No jobs

No birthright citizenship (this one is in the works)

If they can't work here, or collect welfare for their US born kids, they won't be able to stay so will leave voluntarily. New ones won't bother coming if there is no benefit.

BIG fines for any business or individual who hires an illegal worker

Punish those who defy immigration laws with stiff penalties.

Put sanctions in place against S. AM & MX to make them stop encouraging their people to illegally immigrate to the US.

Once illegal immigration is worked out they can work on fixing legal immigration since Kennedy screwed up when he pushed the 1965 act on us.

3 Presidents sucessfully rounded up and deported millions of illegal aliens and their US born children when unemployment in the US was high and jobs were needed by Americans.

IT CAN BE DONE.

Now that we would have 12 million paying taxes we would be collecting about 68 billion in taxes rather than the 22 billion as now and with amendments we could make it so they still don't get that money back until they are citizens. )

**I wonder why you did not explain that those "taxpayers" would now be getting tax REFUNDS with EITC+Child Tax Credit---taking out 3 x's what they paid in. There is no way the Feds are not going to allow a LPR to file a tax return and get a refund if they qualify.

• 10 years ago

Remove the rewards/incentives and the illegals will leave at their own expense.

1. No more jobs - national ID and/or e-verify will both remove the jobs magnet. Fine/jail employers who violate.

2. No more anchor babies. Illegals know they can come here, give birth, pay no medical costs, get instant social services and live like kings.

3. No more welfare. The MYTH that illegals don't get these services is a joke. STATES administer welfare/housing/WIC/food stamps/etc and many states do not permit their employees to ask about immigration status.

4. No more medical - just enough to transport them to the border.

5. No more schooling at $15,000 per kid per year. The SC said we have to educate them but said nothing about removing them & their parents afterwards.

6. No amnesty - EVER. It didn't work in 1986 (when the politicians PROMISED it was the last) and it hasn't worked the other times we did it. It only makes the problem worse!

No more illegals, millions of citizens would be off unemployment and our country would be safer.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • REJJI
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

There will always be a problem with illegal immigration - that is fact, but the real key to slowing down illegal immigration is to have third world countries become developing countries - making more job opportunities for their citizens along with decent wages. People from third world countries are also exploited by the rich corporations who want to play slave wages while raking in the huge profits. When their governments start to speak up for their citizens and not succumb to these rich corporations or wanting to fill their own pockets with wealth, then that is when these countries will begin to develop. Statistics have shown that the reason that many people leave their countries is out of necessity, not because they want to leave, because they would much rather stay in their country of origin than to travel to a foreign country.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

removing the illegals will be hard- but not removing them will be harder.

First there are cities that have made it a point not to enforce the immigration laws- such cities IMHO should be ineligible for federal funds. You will then see said cities enforcing the law.

As for cost in deportation- employers that higher illegals should pay for this as part of their fine. immigration policies is one of the few things the Constitution says the federal government is supposed do- so if fines and increased tax payers we can pay for ICE and the Border patrol by cutting cooperate subsidies and welfare which are not in the constitution.

Also if you realy wanted to we could disbaned a few military divisions and use the cost to enforce immigration laws. what will stop these folks from comming back- they have already been caut once they might have second thoughts and the employers after seeing masive busniess destroying fines might think minim wage and taxes are a better deal in the first place. we mgiht also admend the constitution so that that your parents would need to have been as US citizen to be a US citizen.

• 10 years ago

That's so mean. I think the immigration reform should be passed. Just because people are here illegally doesn't make them murderers, or rapists. your CRAZY. There are millions documented people that SELL WEED and ruin their lives everyday. While on the other hand, illegal aliens just came here for a BETTER life. and so who cares if they will take over the jobs that "americans" should have? Are you scared of a little competition for jobs? haha.

• 10 years ago

Yes there is. Although it will be expensive and hard. However, NOT fixing the problem will be worse.

1. Cut off employment opportunities for illegals by heavy fining of companies that use them.

2. Cut off all State and Federal Aid (Welfare, food stamps etc. )

3. Aggressively enforce existing imigration laws.

http://www.nationscrier.com/index.php?option=com_c...

• 10 years ago

haha this is funny... you just cant and never will be able to. There is just too many. People can cry and cry about it but its just tooo bad. If you hate it so bad you might as well leave and go live in another country haha. In a couple of years those 13 million you say, may be 15 16 or 17 million. They will rule the US one day haha!!!

Source(s): common sense
  • 10 years ago

When they started mass deportations...they came for an illegal alien family,

I remained silent;

I was not an illegal alien.

When they came for the communists,

I remained silent;

I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,

I remained silent;

I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,

I did not speak out;

I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,

I remained silent;

I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,

there was no one left to speak out.

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.