Billy Joels final show at jones beach? last year?

I thought that Billy Joel's last show was going to be last year at Jones Beach in NY? I looked up tour dates and it still says that he's performing. I'm so confused, I seriously thought I heard something about jones beach being his last show. Can anyone clarify?

Thanks

• Suzi Q
    Favorite Answer

I also heard that Billy Joel was "retiring" from touring in 2009, however, according to his site, he had several shows from last year that were cancelled and had to be rescheduled to this year. From what I can tell, his last show was yesterday in Albany.

He did play the last concert ever on July 18, 2008 in Shea Stadium, before it was demolished and replaced by Citi Field....maybe that's what you're thinking of?

Although some fans requested a show at Jones Beach, I couldn't find any evidence that he ever played there during the 2009-2010 tour.

The closest thing I could find linking Billy Joel to Jones Beach was another band (O.A.R.) who played there, covering one of his songs.

Not much of a clarification....sorry:(