How to create comma separated emails from excel spreadsheet column?

A very simple thing but... I spent hours trying to figure it out. Please help. I am trying to convert my column of 100 email addresses into a string of comma separated emails and save it in Word as a text file. Help..... Thank you.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

If you already have your e-mails in columns then go to save as and under where you type the name of your file change the type to csv.

-If your data is in rows and you wanted to convert it to columns you can use the transpose option when pasting data

copy all of your cells. Then go to Edit>Paste Special and select transpose

-Another way to do what you want is to copy all of your cells into the clipboard open notepad and then paste into notepad.

That will give you a tab delimited files.

Now you need to convert the tab to comma's.

To do the conversion highlight the tab by by putting the cursor at the end of the tab character hold down shift and hit the left arrow on your directional keys now hit ctrl+c.

That will copy the tab character to the clipboard.

Now hit ctrl+h and paste the tab character into the first text box(you can't type the tab you have to copy and paste it) then put your comma in the second box.

Click Replace all

Then save the file you now have a csv file.

• 4 years ago

read the code and comments and u will understand the code Set e = CreateObject("Excel.Application") 'create excel object Set b = e.Workbooks.Add 'add a workbook Set s = b.Worksheets(1) 'sheet 1 'u can edit the sheet here s.Range("A1").Value = "Test" b.SaveAs "C:\test.xls" 'save e.Quit 'quit excel object

• 10 years ago

You have to export it as a CSV file

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.