How mad will people be if the healthcare bill passes and they see what's actually in it?

A lot of people I talk to seem to be under the impression that Obama is going to be giving them free health care.

What do you think the people's reaction will be when they realize that everyone will be mandated to buy it. That means if you work at subway or if you make 30k and are having trouble paying the bills as it is, you will now ALSO have to pay a few hundred a month for health care or face a penalty come tax time.

Sure it subsidizes some of the cost for the really low income brackets and even allows some people to be eligible for medicare who previously were not, but what about the middle class? When they are now forced to pay for insurance, with nothing really addressing the problem of constantly increasing premiums, will people be upset that Obama just stuck them with a new few hundred dollars worth of bills each month?

And what about how they will be taxing unearned income by adding a medicare tax to the capitol gains tax? What about how they will begin taxing immediately, yet coverage will not be available for 4 more years, so 10 years of taxes but only 6 years of benefits?

@ Doorstop:

"Your "really low income bracket" is any family of 4 making less than 82k a year. It is obvious that you have no idea what is actually in the bill."

This is another problem, it does not adjust for cost of living. In CA I am 24 and my wife 23, I make 40k and she makes 60k, that's 90k before taxes, yet we are not even REMOTELY well off because the cost of living is so high here. 1 bedroom apartments go for $1800 in san francisco or LA. My mom makes about the same as us combined and she can't afford a house either. Yet we are now "the evil rich" that do not get help with health insurance, despite that fact that we are taxed very heavily.

Favorite Answer

Health care reform under Obama is not about reforming healthcare it is about socializing America. That is why Obama doesn't care what is passed just pass something. The government will be in control of one sixth of the economy. That is what it is all about. The American people are going to be furious and many Democrats will not get re-elected.

• ?

MANY CITIZENS HAD NO IDEA THAT (1) CONGRESS MEMBERS COULD RETIRE WITH THE SAME PAY AFTER ONLY ONE TERM; OBAMA had a salary of $157,082 from the United States Senate (2) THAT THEY DIDN'T PAY INTO SOCIAL SECURITY; AND (3) THAT THEY SPECIFICALLY EXEMPTED THEMSELVES FROM MANY OF THE LAWS THEY HAVE PASSED (SUCH AS BEING EXEMPT FROM FEAR OF PROSECUTION FOR SEXUAL HARASSMENT. CONGRESS’S LATEST GAME IS TO EXEMPT THEMSELVES FROM THE HEALTHCARE REFORM BILL THAT IS BEING CONSIDERED. SOMEHOW, THIS DOESN'T SEEM LOGICAL. WE DO NOT HAVE AN ELITE THAT IS ABOVE THE LAW. OBAMA had a salary of $157,082 from the United States Senate in 2006. The total Obama (Barack + Michelle) income, however, was $991,296 in 2006.

According to the couple’s 2006 income tax return, her salary was $273,618 from the University of Chicago Hospitals, while her husband had a salary of $157,082 from the United States Senate. The total Obama income, however, was $991,296, which included $51,200 she earned as a member of the board of directors of TreeHouse Foods, and investments and royalties from his books.[43

i exchange into very pissed while Bush greater suitable Medicare because of the fact he did no longer even attempt to pay for it. That fee remains on the books and it incredibly is lots greater suitable than any of the present healthcare reform costs. in spite of the undeniable fact that, if we are in a position to bypass deficit impartial healthcare reform i'm going to be greater suitable than happy.

Jesus Christ,

Why don't they just make Medicare more available for people who don't have it and not **** with private and other forms of insurance?

I was never too sure on what this health care bill did.

I looked on the government website and didn't find much out of it other than it says everyone is supposed to have insurance.

Obama said the health care won't be available for illegal immigrants, but everyone says that's a lie.

So idk what to think.

It's confusing and I already have enough work, school, and other stuff on my mind.

How many people have not bothered to seek the information out themselves and still call their opinion educated?

Your "really low income bracket" is any family of 4 making less than 82k a year. It is obvious that you have no idea what is actually in the bill.

No one really knows there still fine tuning it as I write I rather doubt if we will ever see it unless it passes than it's to late.

Most Obama supporters are too stupid to understand most of what you just explained. In addition, do they understand that none of what's being proposed would take effect until years from now?

Very and with November coming....even most Dems will not vote for it