Is Dale Earnhardt Junior really the best and most highly skilled driver in NASCAR?

It seems all of his fans think so, if he is really the best than why are there other current drivers with more wins?

Best Answer

First of all, ALL of Jr’s fans are NOT saying this. The haters are using this as an excuse to bash his fans.

Dale Jr is popular because he’s a decent, normal guy that fans can relate to. He hasn’t gone “Hollywood” and he doesn’t have a huge ego. He’s the kind of guy many fans would want to pull for.

Dale Jr has had more Cup wins than the majority of current Cup drivers, but he's struggling now. We’re well aware of that. The haters enjoy kicking NASCAR’s most popular driver when he’s down because it makes them feel superior.

Please get your facts straight and don’t stereotype. ALL of Jr's fans are NOT saying he’s the greatest driver ever, but EVERY driver has a few fans who think he's God.

Edit:

To Even's response:

Do you understand the meaning of the word "majority"? Apparently not.

I said that Jr has more wins than the majority of current Cup drivers. That means that there are more current drivers with fewer wins than Jr than there are current Cup drivers with more wins than Jr.

There are only 7 or 8 current Cup drivers who have more wins than Jr.

Get it?

Jr is by no means the best driver in NASCAR, not even close. The only reason Hendrick hired Jr. was for the merchandising he sells. That alone is well worth what he pays Jr. Do I think he's a bad driver? No. I don't think he will ever have more than 50 wins once his career is over. I would also be surprised if he ever won a championship. I don't mean that to disrespect Jr. but from what I have seen personally, I just don't think he has that championship quality.

I do think he would be better with a better crew chief, i.e. Jimmie with Chad.

maximum general? definite. ultimate driving force? No. which would be one in each of his teammates. because of fact the 4 time protecting champion and the present factor chief, Jimmie is by some distance the final driving force in NASCAR at the instant.

I'm not a fan of Jr but i doubt "all" his fans say he's the best, some do but not all. I'm not a hater like some trolls on here but i will say he's not the best, he's average. He does have skill but not even close to be considered the best.

Depends on who you ask. Some of his fans would say yes, and then call you a retard or something for not agreeing with them.then some of his fans thinks he is good but not the best. I think he is more of a B class driver.

gosmoke said "Dale Jr has had more Cup wins than the majority of current Cup drivers" how did you come to this. Tony has more, Jimmie Johnson has more, Jeff Gordon has more, and other driver have more.

Define all, some of us acknowledge that Jr's not the best, and most highly skilled driver out there. But we also know that he does have more skill than the haters say he does. I mean apparently Chevy thought enough of his driving ability to have him test the new Camaro, and he handled an Aussie V8 Supercar quite adeptly(with the wheel and shifter on the opposite side of the car).

No, he's 'most popular'. However, he is ranked 10th out of 56 current/active drivers by factual wins. (actually ninth but 2 people are tied for 8th) So he IS in the top ten.

Matt Kenseth, who's 11th, has one more Cup start than JR does and the same amount of wins with 18. 367 to 368 starts.

People don't call Kenseth over-rated because he's not the 'most-popular'.

He is doing some thing right his fan base is about 70%of all the nascar fans.

• Steffy

Well Phreak, I am a Junior fan and I think he has great driving skills and he has had a wonderful career that he can and should be proud of. I have never said he was the best most highly skilled driver in NASCAR, I am pretty sure no Junior fan thinks that so I have to imagine your getting your info from the gum ball machine again.

Not really and he never claimed to be either! He is the most popular driver though and his fans are very loyal and stick by him! he even owns his own nightclub called Whisky River which I would luv to visit!