Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 10 years ago

Apple or Microsoft - Who do you think in general makes better products?

I am just asking for your opinion, NOT about hardware and business practices!

Favorite Answer

Personally I feel that Apple make better products than Microsoft. Apple got it right the first time around, and have developed and expanded their software lineup over time, innovating countless markets.

Microsoft are the industry leader in the desktop operating system market, for a reason. Their products are familiar and generally fairly reliable and simple enough for most people to use. However, most of their programs and OSs are messy and cluttered. They took a shot 20 years ago and ran with it, trying to iron out their problems ever since, usually just trading some problems for others.

I prefer PCs for their customization abilities and the larger selection of software (especially with games)

macs piss me off because i feel they focus too much on how things look rather than how they work. i cant stand those one button mice and the dock is just annoying because unless you want it to disappear all the time it keeps you from having windows fill the whole screen. I find them incredibly annoying for the fact that in an attempt to make things simpler they hide all the advanced options from you and sometimes the ones you should be able to get to very easily (like the applications menu)

lastly, the placement of the command key is not as ergonomic as the control key so if you use short cuts a lot you will develop carpal tunnel. if you're set on a mac buy one but run windows or Linux on it

Source(s): experience

Apple uses software to sell hardware. Microsoft makes software to sell software. You can't compare them because they have different business practices.

Apple does everything specific, Microsoft does everything general. There is no way to even compare the two. They are not even in the same Ball Park.

Based on my opinion, I think Microsoft makes the better product.

I am an advance user, and Windows does give the user more freedom compared to OS X.

• Tony

depends on your needs and apple users use many microsoft products

Quality-wise, I would say apple. They tend to spend more time on their software and the UI is actually intuitive.