Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 10 years ago

Is it time for religions to be consigned to history, as stories like this show that the human race is not? spe?

special, but actually very flawed.

http://www.24dash.com/news/Communities/2…

I can imagine Christians saying, yes...there is evil in the world but we must overcome it by loving Jesus, or something similarly silly, but I doubt that would console these seven children who are going to be seriously depressed and physically sick every day for the rest of their lives, with this knowledge, along with any descendants they might have.

Update:

Just checked answers and they mostly seem to be from rambling Christians who care more about their own ideologies than the suffering of other humans...I hope you religious freaks never go near children

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Best Answer

As a matter of fact, if god created this world and he created the good and the bad it is obviously apparent and the existence of evil was created by the god himself. No question about it according the almost all the Semitic religions. So the stories and the past carries lessons and the lessons learned is described by the god to the human, through the prophets. they are the gospel and qura'n. The life and the struggle of this world is also evident and is as expected and accepted by every soul that is born in this world. Things we encounter is mainly because everything in this world is meant to perish and every creation of god is meant to be destructed. If it is not by its nature perish the attribute the creation carries only befit god. so the creation automatically become Godly.

So everything that has come and gone are creation of god. god alone will remain forever.

In return for the human kind (Representatives of god in this world, children of god, sons of god.) will be rewarded with an every lasting life (godly life) after life. For the good deed he will be dwelling in the paradise and for his mischief man will carry a life last long in hell.

Load Budda (One of the great philosophers who lived and died in this world) had gone through all these phases in his worldly life and at the end he accepted and lived a middle path for success.

Further, Understand that we all fall sick and get deceases not only because we are in the testing mode but also because of our own mischief.

Surah 16:33-34

Await they aught say that the angels should come unto them or thy Lord's command should come to pass - Even so did those before them. Allah wronged them not, but they did wrong themselves, So that the evils of what they did smote them, and that which they used to mock surrounded them.

Surah 25:57

Say: I ask of you no reward for this, save that whoso will may choose a way unto his Lord.

Surah 45:22

And Allah hath created the heavens and the earth with truth, and that every soul may be repaid what it hath earned. And they will not be wronged.

Surah 73:19

Lo! This is a Reminder. Let him who will, then, choose a way unto his Lord.

Surah 80:11-12

Nay, but verily it is an Admonishment, So let whosoever will pay heed to it,

• 10 years ago

Most people are behind the curve and still wearing their polarizing rosy colored sunglasses. The idea that they have any kind of power is a distant memory from before their dreams were smashed and replaced with hopes in something better on the other side of the fence of death. Most of these people will become history and leave no lasting mark upon the face of society. Very few will actually understand the nature of the universe (and themselves) and do anything with that freedom.

• Drake
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

Religion is useful.

It may not be right but look at things like donations. Without churches there would be MUCH less donations. Their religion stresses the good of giving so people who normally wouldn’t give do.

It also gives them a sense of hope and purpose. They think that they were created so they must have a purpose. The just never feel alone.

As long as people are not extreme then religion is a good thing for most of the world.

• Tanya
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

Religion will always be here, and that's ok if it's a religion supported by 1) thinking, and 2) encouragement of thinking.

Science can only answer "how does it work" , not "why" (in the philosophical sense).

things like "What is our purpose on life" "How should I find value in my life" "what are the morals I should live by" are answered by philo and religion - they will always be asked and need answers.

but, i think the days of this dogmatic, anti woman, anti science, anti thought, anti different religion are coming to an end.

Each murder of Tiller, each 9-11 pushes them deeper into their graves.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Erika
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

regrettably, definite, faith ought to in all risk be the top of humanity. The predominate religions we've got all pontificate absolutism, believing in the compelled conversions of something of the international. nevertheless, i think the human nature is to denounce others' religions with the intention to validate one's own, even nevertheless there is not any one genuine church of God, in spite of if one understands this. except the entire international falls decrease than one faith or each physique turns atheist (and that i do no longer see the two of those occurring) and notice you later as mankind keeps to construct better and extra useful weapons of mass destruction (like the nuke case in point, and the inevitable anti-remember bomb coming interior of here couple of centuries) mankind will probable blow himself to smithereens. unhappy, yet probable.

• imrod
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Religion is essential to the fabric of the human race. If not it would not exist. The vast vast majority of human beings are religious. And when religious restrictions (like in the former USSR) were lifted people flocked back to religion. So no, it will not go away.

• CrG
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

Satan certainly hopes you believe this. Why? Because he hates you. He believes that you are part of the reason he was exiled from Heaven and he can't wait to punish you for all eternity. You have been reading to much Sci Fi.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Absofreakinlutely!

• 10 years ago

Not to shock you. but sin worked its way into the human race thousands of years ago. Why are you surprised by this?

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

The only thing that will be consigned to history is you chief.

How many breaths do you have left

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.