Why do my farts now smell like exactly what I ate?

Okay, I know that the average person farts about a pint a day (14 times a day) but lately I fart so much more frequently then before. It's more like frequent small farts than my usually less frequent and big farts. Another odd detail is that now it smells like what I ate. Apples for breakfast? Apple smell.... show more Okay, I know that the average person farts about a pint a day (14 times a day) but lately I fart so much more frequently then before. It's more like frequent small farts than my usually less frequent and big farts. Another odd detail is that now it smells like what I ate. Apples for breakfast? Apple smell. Sushi for lunch? Sushi smell. Steak with A1 sauce for dinner? A1 sauce smell.

Is this normal? Is it healthy?
Could it possibly be because I have changed my diet? I no longer eat, fatty foods, oily foods, dairy (I just recently found out I'm mildly lactose intolerant), or drink soda. I've been eating like this for 2 weeks now and just the day before yesterday I noticed theses changes (besides weight loss).

Also what about farts that don't smell at all?!?! I've never had those before and now I do!
Update: Oh, I forgot to mention that my farts smelled NASTY before and I hated accidentally smelling them and I've always avoided it at all costs because of my gag reflex. Not to mention holding it in to not kill people silently in public!