If God wanted us to worship 'him', why doesn't 'he' show the courtesy to exist?

That is so... Godlike...

--- Classified Information: "You can't have Jesus without an apocalypse."

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You've just presented the arguement from nonbelief

The argument from nonbelief (also known as the argument from divine hiddenness) is a philosophical argument against the existence of God. The premise of the argument is that if God existed (and wanted humanity to know it), he would have brought about a situation in which everyone reasonable believed in him; however there are unbelievers and reasonable unbelievers, and therefore this weighs against God's existence.

1. If there is a God, he is perfectly loving.

2. If a perfectly loving God exists, reasonable nonbelief does not occur.

3. Reasonable nonbelief occurs.

4. No perfectly loving God exists (from 2 and 3).

5. Hence, there is no God (from 1 and 4).

• 1 decade ago

Does evolution or Charles Darwin explain the conscience you have? Do you think you are plainly the result of atoms and chemicals that binded together to form larger molecules like proteins which make up organs which together make up your body? Basically a walking rock! Maybe you are a rock - but me, I KNOW that I exist at least. A rock doesnt. Too many evidence against evolution to have happened on its own.I am a scientist - sorry but the evolotion theory is not proven yet - dont be fooled. If it happened - it defenitely did not happen on its own.

• Lowly
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Those who seek God, must seek Him with all their heart, soul, strength and mind. Following a god hater like Darwin is not a strategy for success in the pursuit of God, sorry. Much of his writing was his attempt to put his hatred of God into action...to disprove the "need" of a God.

Would you follow N. Pelosi if you were an advocate for the rights of the unborn? Would you follow Oliver North if you were a pacificist? Al Gore if you were an Oil Barron?

• 1 decade ago

God does not want us to worship him.... He wants to make sure we dont worship false Gods which in and of itself is to worship the one and only God.And he has always been more than corteous by having always been in existence and having to always be in existence regardless of the human animals unfortunate inability to accept that fact so self evident in every breath you take and every thought you make.

it is one asking such a imbisilic ill informed message in inquiry such as this one of yours that is of no worth or value in proper etiquette and govern of a self under the heavens of our only God which falls so very short of courtesy let alone albeit senselessy void of well.... anything but nothing.

Source(s): And for your information: you and I have Jesus each and every moment we care to have him as well as each and every moment we don't as he is of our unconscious spirit as we are of his cognitive perfection being a soul of all knowing development and strides. also: charles darwin was not a God Hater.. he was a scientist which darwinism and the bible actually compliment each other very well in a plausable and viable natural way ..so much so that we may even affectinately call the beginning as we know it the big darwin or the darwinian bang or bang darwin but dont bash him again.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • LP S
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

If God made it so obvious to you that He existed than it would defeat His perfect plan of salvation. God is not in vain.

Jesus Christ is a revelation (apocalypse)!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He does exist as a feeling of security and hope in people's minds. I don't think as literally an ultimate being that can do anything.

• 1 decade ago

I love how Christians will quickly apply what they beleive god thinks or how it is. They speak for him, but if an atheist applies common sense or logic to what god thinks they completely ignore it. So man can speak for god only when it makes no sense and can excuse his lack of presence ROFL. I love this section!

• 1 decade ago

God never need our worship in the very first place. It's us who desperately want to worship God.

• 1 decade ago

God very much exists in each & every soul. You just need to wake up & see Him.

The nature itself is the true existence of God !

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

God has revealed enough of His nature for us to be able to trust Him. He has declared and shown through the events of history, in the workings of nature, and through the life of His only-begotten Son, Jesus Christ, that He is all-powerful, all-knowing, all-wise, all-loving, all-holy, unchanging, and eternal. And in that revelation, He has shown that He is worthy to be trusted. But as with the Israelites in the wilderness, the choice is ours as to whether or not we will trust Him. Often, one is inclined to make this choice based on what he/she thinks he knows about God rather than what He has revealed about Himself and can be understood about Him through a careful study of His inerrant word, the Bible. I encourage you to begin this careful study of the Bible, that you may come to know God through a reliance upon His Son, Jesus Christ, who came to earth to save us from our sin so that we might have sweet companionship with God both now and in a fuller way in heaven one day.

http://www.gotquestions.org/God-require-faith.html

Source(s): The Lightning Strikes
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.