What do these sounds which my motorcycle makes mean mechanically?

I have recently purchased a 1979 Hona CM 185T twinstar. It only had 1127 miles under her tires when I brought her home, and now we're just pushing 1200. For a '79, I thought that was pretty friggin sweet. Like I said, it's only a 185 cc, and it has no tachometer, so I am trying to feel out it's... show more I have recently purchased a 1979 Hona CM 185T twinstar. It only had 1127 miles under her tires when I brought her home, and now we're just pushing 1200. For a '79, I thought that was pretty friggin sweet. Like I said, it's only a 185 cc, and it has no tachometer, so I am trying to feel out it's likes and limitations. The bike only has four gears, and gets up to about fourty-five mph with no problem. Fifty-five mph seems to be stretching it a little bit and I'm guessing sixty to sixty-five is probably it's high-end limit. I'm sure it would do seventy or seventy-five, but I wouldn't want to do that to the poor motor. Everything on the bike is completely original.

Once I get a little speed going, or get the throttle open, the most noise in the bike seems to come from around the gear box. Exhaust-wise, this is a very quiet bike. Is the noise I hear most likely actually coming out of the gear box, or could it be coming out of the motor somewhere? It is somewhat of a whining noise, that of course increases in intensity and volume with the RPM.

The second noise I've noticed is something that sounds like a a couple keys jingling together. And no, the sound is not my keys jingling together. :-) It happens when the first mentioned noise seems to be at it's climax and then I drop off the throttle. I used to have a 50cc scooter, and I also used to hear this sound when I pushed that itty bitty motor too hard. However, I baby this old Honda, so I don't think its because I'm pushing the motor any harder than I should.. I hope.

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions on this, I would really appreciate any advice at all. I'd really like to know what these sounds could be or what they could mean, and I would really, really like to hear any tips or tricks anyone might have to give the bike a little more top end. THANKS!
Update: Thanks for the answers so far! I will definitely investigate them! I am indeed treating the bike very gentle, in my mind, it is a new bike, for with only 1200 miles, it really hasn't been broken in.