Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceQuotations · 1 decade ago

what is a dorothea lange quote that describes her philosophy on the nature of journalism or her work? thx!?

thnx! 10 pts!

• Maj
    Favorite Answer

Dorothea Lange, 1895--1065, artist hero and photographer extraordinaire left us a life of immortal photos. She also left us quotes unforgettable for their sensitivity and beauty of expression. Quotes reflecting her love and total dedication to her work. Every quote is a small jewel - a love song to her craft - an ode to her personal philosophy.

The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera

One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind. To live a visual life is an enormous undertaking, practically unattainable. I've only touched it, just touched it.

Artists are controlled by the life that beats in them, like the ocean beats on the shore.

A photographer's files are, in a sense, his autobiography. More resides there than he is aware of. ...As fragmentary and incomplete as the archaeologist's pot sherds, it can be no less telling.

The pageant is vast and I clutch at tiny details, inadequate."

Source(s): Quotes are from her bio by Susannah Abbey read on the net through Google
  • schmit

yet another exciting question. i think of the 1st question would desire to be who or what's this "I" we are figuring out? The initiator of the thinking. Descartes's rivalry is that provided that there is an initiator then there's a individual who's doing this thinking. with out the physique (for that reason the techniques) there could be no thought. so as that would advise that with out the physique there could be no spirit. From no longer something there could be no longer something. however if we inspect this Universe, each thing in it began from an anomaly. no count in case you suspect it constantly existed or it began with a 'enormous Bang' or that God created it. It defies the coolest judgment (of our tiny little techniques). with a purpose to bypass back on your question, Rene's fact "i think of subsequently i'm" is right yet this "I" he's speaking approximately would have existed someplace else. Or it must be that it (I) never existed in any respect. LOL My head reels! enjoyed your question.