problem with Itunes.....?

I got this message randomly saying.. "This iPod cannot be used because the required software is not installed. Run the iTunes installer to remove iTunes, then install iTunes again." It was working fine for months and randomly stops working? i did what it said and un-installed and re-installed it again and I still get the same message?

It does this whenever I connect my Ipod to my computer.

Please help!

Favorite Answer

If you run into any trouble installing or uninstalling iTunes you will probably want to read this article before you go completely nuts!!

http://zardozz.com/zz/2008/04/how-to-completely-un...

iTunes can be very difficult to uninstall properly because of a number of registry keys left behind by other pieces of software that it works with. The article explains what you have to do step by step if you can't uninstall iTunes using ADD/REMOVE programs. If you don't completely uninstall it properly you will get all sorts of errors when trying to install a new copy... even if you try to write over your existing copy. This download saved me hours of aggravation and I did not lose my music!

Make sure you when you uninstall itunes, you uninstall all of the apple softeware such as "apple mobile device support" and such. This should help.

mine has done that before as well. try updating the software because it just recently was updated to like 9.0.2 or something. it should work