I am writing a paper on police corruption and I need to come up with some subtopics as well as a solution?

I am writing a paper on police corruption and I need to come up with some subtopics, as well as a solution. The paper is about a problem in the criminal justice field, and I chose corruption. I really need ideas for subtopics.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Best Answer

corruption and the death penalty

corruption and organised crime

corruption and racism

• 10 years ago

One could be corruption within a police department. Such as an officer using excessive force. A solution for that is having Internal Investigation Divisions in departments. That means whenever a complaint is received from the public about an officer or when an officer is under investigation for something the Internal Investigations handles the problem.

Another could be ethical issues, such as taking a free cup of coffee from business owners that offer it to them or chosing not to give speeding tickets to friends or family. A way to solve that is to ask these questions during police officer job interviews to weed out people who think it is ok and for current police officers to have a training class on good ethics for police.

• 10 years ago

You could definitely take a different approach, and focus on a key police event and tie it into a few different categories. For example: The Cronulla riots etc etc.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.