Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

New voter fraud Charges against ACORN workers, will Obama pardon them?

Another day, another law broken by Obama supporters, oh well I guess...I mean it's just voter fraud, right?

excerpt...

Five Wisconsin residents have been charged with criminal counts of voter fraud in the November 2008 general election, state Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen announced today.

Two of those charged, Maria Miles and Kevin Clancy, are workers for the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN), the embattled community group.

"The complaint alleges that Miles and Clancy submitted multiple voter registration applications for the same individuals, and also were part of a scheme in which they and other (special registration deputies) registered each other to vote multiple times in order to meet voter registration quotas imposed by ACORN," Van Hollen states in the release.

Also charged were a couple accused of double voting - once absentee and once at the polls - and a felon who cast a ballot even though he was still on probation for a felony offense.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/be...

Update:

BURN IT: NO actually some were charged with voting more than once...VOTER fraud!

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Best Answer

The liberals believe the end justifies the means. Why allow laws to get in the way of electing Democrats? Can you imagine the outcry if Teapartiers had done this??

• GunnyC
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

Five instances listed and in three of the five it was both registration fraud and voter fraud since the couple voted twice and the felon did also..something about reading before answering should be made mandatory for the "this is registration farad and not voter fraud" answer. They won't be pardoned because if it is handled the same way as the Black Panthers in PA the local prosecutor will be told to pass it to the federal prosecutor and then the federal prosecutor will be told to drop the case and not take it to trail. Would claim this is proof of the right wing conspiracy to silence the "nonpartisan" ACORN organization and stifle the rights of the poor to vote but don;t think Wisconsin is a "right wing" state. The quota" system of paying people to register voters is also against the law and this is the third case of that system still being used by ACORN but the previous are not an organizational problem but were individuals doing it without knowledge of the leadership...yes I do believe that. The cases in Oregon, Arizona and Washington were not dismissed but were the "those employees did it and the organization has nothing to do with it" and ACORN as part of agreements to escape prosecution have been barred/agreed not to operate in other states.

• 10 years ago

Another day another attack that will end in nothing more than frivolous accusations...

On March 1, 2010 The New York Daily News reported that:

Brooklyn prosecutors on Monday cleared ACORN of criminal wrongdoing after a four-month probe that began when undercover conservative activists filmed workers giving what appeared to be illegal advice on how to hide money.While the video by James O'Keefe and Hannah Giles seemed to show three ACORN workers advising a prostitute how to hide ill-gotten gains, the unedited version was not as clear, according to a law enforcement source."They edited the tape to meet their agenda," said the source."On Sept. 15, 2009, my office began an investigation into possible criminality on ...

• 10 years ago

So far, the places that have brought charges against Acorn have been thrown out of court for lacking evidence. I expect this is more of the same - why else would the police have not brought charges already? Charges were brought by a political appointee after political complaint...yeah that sounds solid.

Your "source" is labeled commentary, not news, by the way.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Way to go, Wisconsin! :D

But, alas, I am sure Eric Holder is on this one already...

Answerer #1 is wrong. It is voter fraud. Why would you register someone more than once if you did not intend to use that vote?

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

The justice department will just not go after them, just like those black panthers standing outside the polling place last November.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

This is registration fraud, NOT voter fraud. They get paid by the name registered, which gives them an incentive to make bogus registrations. It likely resulted in ZERO fraudulent votes.

But they will not be pardoned.

• Raatz
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Get back to me when they're found guilty.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

yeah....at least until those charges are proven false too

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Can't wait to hear these excuses.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.