Ciera asked in PetsReptiles · 1 decade ago

Ball python sexual maturity Q?

I have a 9 month old bbp and was wondering at what age do male ball pythons sexually mature? I herd it was between 6 and 18 months old, and do the males get aggressive after this? Thanks a bunch:)

Favorite Answer

Good question. Males need to be around 800grams to breed and can get there in as early as 12months. That is assuming he has never missed a meal and was on the big side to start off with. It usually will take around 18months on average to get there thou. It has to do with weight more but the snake does need to sexually mature first.

As far as being aggressive none of my males are aggressive before or during breeding season so I say no but it can differ on the snake.

Source(s): Ball python breeder

ball pythons are able to breed any were between 6 to 18 months. but usually they become the best breeders' after there third winter. they do not become aggressive. but if they are housed with another male they will fight, though the fighting will not hurt either snake. because they simply wrestle and temp to force each others heads down.