The Hippa law/and accessing medical records?

im 23 and on my moms medical insurance. i am preg and i dont want her to find out. Is she allowed to look at my medical records? what about the Hippa law and im over 18. can you help me

Best Answer

you are a legal adult, therefore she has no rights to your private/personal medical help unless you put a release on your records so she may view them.

• arceo

no longer genuine. they are basically dissatisfied which you're changing medical doctors. there's a style to fill out and sign to get the data. My advise to you're able to document a criticism against that medical doctors place of work and get the checklist from the recent widespread practitioner. I actually are transforming into to be my toddler's data countless situations. desire this helps and sturdy success

She can't see your actual medical charts, but she can access her own insurance records to see what the insurance company is paying for. Chances are she will be able to figure out what OB/GYN appointments mean.

Girl if you are 23 years old and still hiding things from your mother, maybe you should sit down and have a talk with yourself. At some point you are going to have to take responsibility for your actions. Good luck to you.