World Studies HELP! Don't have my book! Sorry :/?
2. Into what two major landforms is Southeast Asia divided?
a peninsula and several archipelagos
tall mountains and a dry desert
plains and plateaus
a basin and a river valley
3. Which is a climate found in Southeast Asia?
marine west coast
4. Which of the following are related to U.S. involvement in Vietnam?
Tet Offensive, Gulf of Tonkin Resolution, antiwar protests
Antiwar protests, all volunteer army, support for North Vietnam
Camp David Accords, Nikita Khrushchev, Dwight Eisenhower
Vietnamization plan, Harry Truman, homeland security
5. Who was North Vietnam's communist ruler?
Ngo Dinh Diem
Ho Chi Minh
6. Who ruled the anticommunist government of South Vietnam and was backed by the United States?
Ho Chi Minh
Ngo Dinh Diem
7. What happened when U.S. troops left Southeast Asia?
South Vietnam was reunited with North Vietnam and became the Democratic Republic of Vietnam.
South Vietnam remained anticommunist but continued to be ruled by a dictator.
South Vietnam fell to North Vietnam, and the two became a single communist nation.
The French returned and re-colonized both North and South Vietnam.
8. Which is the best caption for this political cartoon?
The Soviet Union, led by Brezhnev, investigates the Prague Spring reforms.
The Soviet Union, led by Brezhnev, is protecting the brief flame of political freedom found in Czechoslovakia.
The Soviet Union hides from neighboring countries the flame of political freedom found in Czechoslovakia.
Soviet leader Brezhnev douses the spirit of freedom born during the Czech Prague Spring.
9. Which describes a result of the Soviet invasion of Czechoslovakia?
The reforms of the Prague Spring became official policy.
The manifesto titled "The Two Thousands Words" was published.
The right to free speech was guaranteed after the invasion.
Dubcek was expelled from the KSC and demoted.
10. Which is the best description Salvador Allende?
dictator who ruled the Dominican Republic
democratically-elected Marxist ruler of Chile
leader of the Cuban revolution
successor of Juan Bosch
11. Which countries exercised tight government controls over their citizens?
Poland, East Germany, Romania
France, West Germany, and Czechoslovakia
Denmark, Italy, and Romania
Hungary, Cuba, and Canada
12. Why did the United States urge the Chilean military to overthrow the democratically-elected president of that nation?
to prepare for a Soviet attack
to contain the spread of communism
to protect Chile from a Cuban invasion
to establish a presence in South America
13. What does "détente" describe?
the military takeover of a dictatorship
a peaceful resolution to war
the effort to ease tensions between the United States and the USSR in the 1970s
an unsuccessful meeting between nations, especially the United States and the USSR
14. Which of these was an effort to slow the arms race between the two superpowers?
15. Which is a major natural resource in Latin America?
16. Use the map and your knowledge to answer the question that follows.
Which Latin American countries are indicated by letters A and D
Chile and Ecuador
Argentina and Brazil
Peru and Mexico
Paraguay and Uruguay
17. Which landform, found in Latin America, is threatened by logging, ranching, and mining?
Sierra Madre Oriental
Amazon rain forest
18. What shipyard electrician in Gdansk, Poland, announced the formation of the trade union Solidarity?
19. How did Ronald Reagan characterize her policy toward the Soviet Union?
as a continuation of detente
as a struggle between good a