promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

How do i accept christianity other than getting baptized.?

I want to be christian but not quite sure how to fully be one?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Being a Christian is more than just accepting Jesus into your heart and repenting (although that's a part of it). I recommend that you enter into an RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults) class. Depending on the church and on your background, it's 1-2 years of classes (usually meeting 1x/week) where you can actually learn about the faith before you profess it. Just call up a local Catholic church to start. Peace.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

it rather is needed, you will desire to be baptized. yet first, you would be able to desire to learn the Bible and pray approximately this. The Bible tells us that water baptism interior the call of Jesus Christ is “for the remission of sins” (Acts 2:38). the unique language says actually “into the sending away of sins.” So the question is, Can a guy or woman inherit eternal existence if his sins have not been remitted, or sent away? of course no. because of the fact of this Jesus reported, “He who believes and is baptized would be saved” (Mark sixteen:sixteen). He did no longer says, “He who believes and is saved would be baptized,” as some desire to have confidence. that's additionally why Peter wrote, “there is likewise an antitype which now saves us--baptism” (a million Peter 3:21). in basic terms as Noah had to commute with the aid of water interior the ark and in basic terms because of the fact the Israelites had to commute with the aid of the water of the pink Sea, so would desire to all who could be saved come to Jesus with the aid of the water of baptism.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you want to be a Christian, and desire to "fully be one", you should speak with an Orthodox Priest. The Orthodox Church contains the fullness of the faith delivered to the saints and always has.

But you will need to be baptized. It's one of the first sacraments established by Jesus Christ.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

start with Romans 10:9-10

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

before you get baptized, you need to accept that jesus is your lord and savior and that you want him to come into your heart. so you'll say a prayer saying this is what you want, and you follow up with a baptism. a baptism is nothing more than a public profession of faith (basically this is showing the public a decision you've already made in your heart.

• 1 decade ago

Tell God what you just posted. Acknowledge you don't deserve heaven and that Jesus came to Earth sacrificed himself for you. Ask him to come into your life and take control. Then go tell a flesh and blood person.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

come to me in one of my churches on a sunday to celebrate comunion and a eucharist together and start praying the rosary and you will see

Source(s): jesus christ
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Congrats! :) Go to a church near you and speak to the pastor.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Read the Bible until you know it all off by heart and REPENT.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

abuse a choir boy

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.