Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Do you think Meryl Streep got robbed at the Oscars?

Obviously Meryl Streep's part as Julia Child was historically great and

Sandra Bullock wasn't even close. So what WTF?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Meryl was ROBBED big time. I mean the woman literally became Julia Child. From the hand gestures, to the innocent yet coy smile, to the body movements, to the speech, Meryl Streep WAS Julia Child. Out of all the five nominated performances, Meryl was by far the best. I get so mad because she keeps delivering stunning performances year after year but the Academy continue to snub. She hasn't won an Oscar since 1982. Can you believe that?

As for Sandra Bullock winning, I really have nothing positive to say about that. It's a travesty than a woman like Bullock wins her Oscar over Meryl Streep. Bullock's performance in The Blind Side was horrid. She was techinical/robotic, butchered the Southern accent, and wore a cheap blonde wig she stole from Kathy Lee Gifford's wig closet. In fact, Bullock delivered the worst performance out of all five nominees. The Oscars are now all about politics and campaigning...not talent. It's a shame really because they have lost the credibility the once had. Not long from now, they will be on par with the Golden Globes...which is also a joke.

• Verity
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Meryl Streep and Helen Mirren both gave Oscar-worthy performances, but, alas, both have won in the past. Sandra Bullock qualifies as the "new kid".

It also doesn't hurt that Ms. Bullock won the Razzie for Worst Actress (different movie, of course)

in the same week.

• 4 years ago

i'm sorry. I ought to disagree with you. Her performances have constantly completed little or no for me. I even have some peace of innovations understanding that an actress like Sandra Bullock gained an Academy Award this 3 hundred and sixty 5 days.

• 1 decade ago

Well...they always like to give it to new people who have never won before....Meryl has won twice, even though she hasn't won in 26 years, its ridiculous. She is the most talented actress ever in my opinion. Meryl needs to be in a best actress catagory full of previous winners or someone extremely weak where they have no chance.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yeah, but Meryl will be getting the Lifetime Achievement Oscar one of these days, so don't weep too much.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The voters probably knew that she will be nominated several times in the future, and Sandra Bullock might not be nominated again. But I like both of them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.