Christians, are you pro-earthquakes or anti-earthquakes?

(warning: this question involves a hypothetical, so if you are unable to process them, you need not answer it).

Let's pretend you have invented and built a system for drastically decreasing the number and severity of earthquakes. If you deploy it, tens of thousands of lives will be saved every year. There are no harmful scientific side effects.

However, if you choose to make use of it, the biblical prophecy about the number of earthquakes increasing in the end times can never come true.

Do you deploy the system, or not? Why?

Best Answer

Let the question dodging tournament begin!

At a critical time, a person might start believing in dwarfs and unicorns. It's not impossible, but if this kind of earthquake hit my country and all the things happened like in Japan, I'll still be atheistic.

The problem with the trap you're trying to set is that someone who believes in Biblical prophecy will believe it will happen *no matter what*

Thus they will happily say "I will deploy my technology" because nothing could stop the inevitable.

Doesn't this get boring after a while?

• Tybee

Yep, I would deploy, supposing of course that the limitation of tectonic movement has no effect on the magnetic belts around the earth.

God can still increase the earthquakes when he chooses. Your invention would merely limit those created by plate movement.

Its not that I am unable to process the hypothetical, is just that the hypothetical is completely useless

For instance reducing the number of earthquakes would most definatly be harmful, built up pressures have to be released,unless you got a plan to deal with the way the gravitational forces of the sun and moon effect earth and a plan to deal with the upwheling of the mantle.....see hypothetical soon become silly

I wouldn't deploy it, because I'm not one for seriously effing with nature. Geologically, they happen for a reason.

Source(s): Catholic

Ace question, just loaded enough but also well written & sensible. I ain't a christian so I guess I can't answer the q though

these things only hurt poor people, god obviously doesnt care about poor people so why would christians care

You think any 'system' could over power God's will?

Silly.

• ppp

everything about this is hypothetical troll