me asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 1 decade ago

Why are there no more media investigative reports that reveal gross and blatant government fraud or corruption?

where are the investigative reporters like we used to have that questioned everything??

Why are there no reports on trade deficits, budget deficits, outsourcing of jobs, illegal immigration, war spending and mismanagement and wasteful spending? where are the reports comparing our american health care system to those of all of our allies???

I see the american media, but I dont see how they are fulfilling the role that our founding fathers saw for them which is really another check and balance on govt to make sure it serves the people.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Because our media is in bed with government. The liberal media loves big government, so it's unlikely they'll question or expose them unless it's something done by a republican. And that's why the media in this country sucks! Progressive/liberal political philosophy advocates for big government, and the vast majority of journalists and other members of the media identify as progressive/liberal. So there in lies the problem with our media and its lax attitude toward government waste and inefficiency. Otherwise exposing government would undermine their agenda. Remember, for them, the ends justify the means.

However, there are some good media outlets that expose government corruption, inefficiency, or waste. Namely 20/20 with Jon Stossel.

• Login to reply the answers
  • most of the media sources are as liberal and radical as the politicians themselves. they are for the wrong things they do, and are getting money for keeping their mouths shut, plus you know they can do illegal things with the cops looking the other way, so why would they report against them. the whole country is corrupt. the only time they can be found is when obama or the other party members are making speeches that mean nothing, or if some idiot in hollywood is making an a** of themselves, they're all over that. every move they make, they watch it. but they can't give them the "support" they need like the politicians can when it comes to the things they're doing. so of course they won't rat out the politicians.

• Oreo
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Seems like there has been a gag order on the media for the last 20 years/ Or we would see each night the real blood and guts on tv as the Vietnan era, It might get someone concerned to tell Congress for us get out of Wars such as Afghan by us (Heavy) Protesting

• noegel
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

some all and sundry is often attempting to locate chinks interior the amour climate its authentic or no longer then they bypass quiet while one among there very own is got here upon to blame . @ Lal Kutta i m prety helpful a pair of English gamers have been cought fixng unsure if it grew to become into t20 or county thou, yet non the less it grew to become into fixing or spot making a guess .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.