Old Wives tale to induce labor - Eggplant Parmesan?

So one of my good friends used to work at an Italian Restaurant and they served Eggplant Parmesan. Well apparently pregnant women would come into eat that to jump start labor. So tonight my friend and I are going to have dinner and try the eggplant. Has anyone tried eggplant parmesan to help with labor? Did it... show more So one of my good friends used to work at an Italian Restaurant and they served Eggplant Parmesan. Well apparently pregnant women would come into eat that to jump start labor. So tonight my friend and I are going to have dinner and try the eggplant.

Has anyone tried eggplant parmesan to help with labor? Did it work for you? Also, give me a comparison of what it tastes like. I have never ate eggplant but I am thinking it HAS to be better than doing something like drinking caster oil.