St. Johns or Aruba in early July and why?

Update:

Or St. Lucia?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

St. Lucia is my choice as it is one of the most beautiful islands in the Caribbean. It is mountainous and lush. It has great beaches and lots of activities. Early July is still at the front end of the hurricane/rainy season so you shouldn't have any issues about weather (but it is the Caribbean). The people are friendly and there are great beaches although they are much smaller than Aruba.

St. John - USVI is a beautiful island but small so if you want to stay on one island with lots to due, St. John is not the one.

Aruba is totally out of the wet weather but is a coral island, very flat and very sandy which means they have great beaches. You will be guaranteed great weather in Aruba and you'll always have a breeze.

Each of the Islands is also different culturally. St. Lucia is British with a French influence. St. John's is American and Aruba is Dutch.

Hope this helps.

• 1 decade ago

I'm assuming you mean "St. John" [a USVI] as opposed to St. Johns, Antigua....

Anyway, Aruba is out of the hurricane zone and July is in the middle of hurricane season. Doesn't mean that a hurricane can't/won't hit Aruba, but it's less likely than most of the other Caribbean islands. St. John is gorgeous, however, though expensive.

Consult a guidebook, either printed or on-line, for more info about the two islands, so you can get more of an idea of what's offered by each.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

In my opinion St. John....here's why:

It's a calm laid back care-free kind of environment, so if you want to relax & get away from your hectic fast paced life in the U.S. then you'll love it. There are beautiful beaches (2nd most beautiful beach in the world, Trunk Bay). In late June early July (28th-4th) St.John's carnival is going on, so that's a great way to get some of the culture, local food, & fun.

Source(s): I'm from St.John :)
  • 1 decade ago

St. John can be very affordable if you camp at the US. park on the island. You can rent cabins. They aren't the lap of luxury, but who cares? You're on one of the most beautiful islands in the world.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.