Guys- is "I don't want a relationship right now" an excuse/letting a girl down easy?

I have a little history with this guy: we were friends, I started devoloping a crush on him, he and I have made out once before, I told him I liked him, he said he liked me and that he thought i was pretty and a sweet girl but he's "dysfunctional" and doesn't want a relationship because he screws them up. he didn't sleep with me when i offered. i feel like he flirts with me all the time since then though- i always catch him looking at me, he always says goodbye to me before leaving work and nobody else (oh yeah we work together) I feel like I'm getting mixed signals- does this guy like me or what? And what he said- "I don't want a relationship/I screw them up/I'm dysfunctional" are those excuses he's making up because he doesn't want to hurt my feelings? Are there guys like this? Is he playing mind games?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes itis an easy way to let the girl know that he isn't interested. My old boyfriend did that to me when I confronted him about were I stood.

So he is being kind to you by saying that he doesn't want to be with you as a girlfriend.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

When a guy says something, most of the time, its what they mean. When he says he doesn't want a relationship right now, it means he doesn't want a relationship right now.

Since you said you two work together, what is your employer's policy on dating people at the office. If you like your job, I would suggest looking else where for a boyfriend.

• Bill
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

Yeah, he's playing a really radical mind game called "honesty". He sounds like he likes you, and you obviously like him, but he's being honest about his situation and even turned down sex though he probably wanted to. Yeah, there are guys like that, not as many as there should be unfortunately. He could have hurt you a lot worse, led you on, slept with you then told you he didn't want a relationship. I salute him.

• 10 years ago

generally no

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.