Orlaith asked in TravelUnited StatesBoston · 1 decade ago

What Is The Weather Like in Boston in Early May?

I'm going over to Boston on the 5th of May for a college graduation, and I am trying to decide what to wear to it. So does anyone know what the weather will be like? Thanks. :]

Favorite Answer

You never know in the Boston area what the weather will be like in early May.

This past weekend we had sunny weather with temps in the upper 50's!

My suggestion in to check the Yahoo weather a couple of days before you leave to see what weather and temps are predicted in Boston.

http://weather.yahoo.com/united-states/massachuset...

On average, its an "early Summer month". I would say temps average between 69-79. But you really never know. My girlfriend attended the BC graduation last May and needed a WINTER COAT! But then again, last Summer was just a very weird year for weather around here.

Basically the best advice is to either bring a wide range of clothes (prepare for hot or cold) or just check in with the 7 day forecast before you leave. Generally though, its a "very warm" month, but I wouldn't call it hot. May is also the month that clouds and rain make all the difference. It could be 72 on a sunny day and then the next day if it rains it could go down to 50!

Dress in layers because time of day matters too in this month.

Source(s): Mass resident of 20+ years

May is usually fantastic and beautiful. But the weather can range from 50s to 80s. If the graduation is outdoors, don't wear black. You'll overheat in the sun.

depends on the year - boston has bipolar weather. in may, there will definately be lots of rain and wind. when it's summer, boston is very humid and rains daily

still can be chilly last frost for Boston area is about May 12