Am I weird for not seeing the point in high school dances?

i'm 16,and I've gone to a few dancers myself. But I never see the point in them. I always have a date and I get asked often,but I don't really like dances themselves,especially ones that occur In the high school itself. To me,it seems like a bunch of teens grinding to low grade pop music. And the thought of me getting involved in that seems kind of laughable to me. I'm just not that kind of person. For winter formal (which was yesterday),rather than get dressed up and go to my high school with a date. I hung out at my crush's/co worker's house and we watched scary movies and talked about high school life.

Ami i weird for thinking this. Is there anyone else who agrees with me?

Favorite Answer

Yeah, I'm glad I'm not a teenager now. When I was you're age "grinding" was the new thing, but now there's "freak dancing" where people simulate sex on the dance floor. That would have made me extremely uncomfortable. I don't like watching people hump each other, thank you very much.

I agree with you. I just had a school dance last night that was just asking for trouble. Everyone was grinding and making out. It was only 3 hours, but it seemed like 3 days. The music sucked, people were drunk and making a scene, and it just got really boring.

What's funny was that my friends and I were originally going to skip the dance, but I convinced them to go. Big mistake that was.

I agree. All through middle school I couldn't wait for high school dances. But then when I went there I found that the dances are boring and I would much rather hangout with friends.

You are 100% normal, I'm the same way i view all of those things to be silly and rediculous I am not too outgoing and suff though but I view highschool dances, clubs and other thigns like that to be a waste of time and don't understand the point, i also hate sweet 16's and other things like that

Source(s): 17 year old boy

Meeee! I'm 13 and in 8th grade, but I completely see your point.. I haven'tbeen to any of the dances so far; I don't plan on it either! I'd much rather be at home with my family.

yes its pretty retarded that everyone is techincally required to go to prom. like socially.

but yeah, its fun but its really stupid

nightclubs are better. so dont be sad you missed school dances just in case!

Totally agree with you!