Am I weird for not seeing the point in high school dances?

i'm 16,and I've gone to a few dancers myself. But I never see the point in them. I always have a date and I get asked often,but I don't really like dances themselves,especially ones that occur In the high school itself. To me,it seems like a bunch of teens grinding to low grade pop music. And the... show more i'm 16,and I've gone to a few dancers myself. But I never see the point in them. I always have a date and I get asked often,but I don't really like dances themselves,especially ones that occur In the high school itself. To me,it seems like a bunch of teens grinding to low grade pop music. And the thought of me getting involved in that seems kind of laughable to me. I'm just not that kind of person. For winter formal (which was yesterday),rather than get dressed up and go to my high school with a date. I hung out at my crush's/co worker's house and we watched scary movies and talked about high school life.

Ami i weird for thinking this. Is there anyone else who agrees with me?