Comcast internet is slow?

My internet wasn't slow a few days ago and now it's super slow to the point where Mozilla Firefox wouldn't even load, it freezes from loading so damn slow. I have Comcast High speed internet (What a joke that is) and it's really slow I run off a modem right by my computer ran threw a main cable... show more My internet wasn't slow a few days ago and now it's super slow to the point where Mozilla Firefox wouldn't even load, it freezes from loading so damn slow. I have Comcast High speed internet (What a joke that is) and it's really slow I run off a modem right by my computer ran threw a main cable line, they are new had them put in when we moved here which is about 6 months ago, The Data section of the modem where it says "sending" and "receiving" is blank it isn't receiving anything. For some reason when the internet isn't running they are flashing like hell but when the internet is running they are barely flashing at all.

Can anyone help me with this or am I going to half to spend the next hour talking to a dumb *** at comcast to try and get this sorted out.

Sorry about the language kinda pissed off because they say I'm supposed to have 12MB of speed but it feels like I'm running off of Dial-Up.