I need some advice, I think my niece may see ghosts?

I have a five year old niece who recently moved into a new house a few months ago, the house is old but new to her. She keeps telling her mom at night that she see's a black man wearing a suit and a hat and that he smokes. Her mom told her why doesn't she ask him and she told her mom that he wont answer her because he's mad at her. She'll sit on the couch and stare at the entry way of the house with a worried look so her mom will ask her what's wrong and she tells her mom the man is staring at her again. And she asks her mom why is it ok that he smokes in the house. Also, one morning she woke up and asked her mom who the lady was that her mom was talking to the night before. And her mom asked her what lady, and she said the lady on the couch with her. There was no lady that came to their house that her mom was talking to. She also asks her mom why she didn't let her talk on the phone to her grandma, uncle, aunt, etc., when no one has called and then whoever she asks about they end up calling about ten minutes later.

After all of this my sister in law was talking to her neighbors and they were telling her that a black man had died in the house a few years ago. I don't think she heard this before her mom found out because they have never talked to their neighbors before this.

My niece doesn't seem to be afraid and her mom doesn't freak out about it. Do you think my niece is really seeing ghosts or do you think she is just making it up?

Favorite Answer

Five-year-olds have great imaginations.

It's I have had a bit of the same experience as your niece. I'm being completely honest. I had some dreams of an old lady in our basement, in the storage room. I told my mom about it and she said there was an old lady who lived here before us. My mom, guessed that she has died because she had this experience: She had this really great guy in her life, in fact she thought she was going to marry him one day( she was only twenty then) then, one random night she had a dream of him standing ina doorway, waving. The next day she got a phone call, he had died.

So, I think the mom handled it pretty well, last thing you want to do is freak out the child. Do more research on this.

My mother strongly believes that ghost don't want to do any harm.

Again, the mother did a good job not freakiong out.

Source(s): me!!

Well personally speaking,I find it's hard for a five year old to make up these stories,especially because she had no prior knowledge regarding the black man.She could have the abilities of a empath.Empath's are psychic and spirits appear to them.There is a lot on line if you type the word in the search bar.There is a program that is called Psychic Kids,if you type this on line you can find more info regarding this.Chip Coffey is a psychic medium and on this show he helps all the kids deal with what they are seeing.A lot of spirits are drawn to young children,this isn't unusual.There are two types of haunting's,an intelligent one and a residual,a residual is like a tape that plays over and over again embedded in time,this type you can't interact with and they can appear at any given time.Some spirits will form an emotional attachment to a home and aren't even aware that they have passed on.Her mother could do a couple of things here,she could grab a digital tape recorder and try and communicate with this spirit that her little girl is seeing.Run the tape and ask some questions,such is there a spirit present,what is your name and why are you here.This is how paranormal investigators try and communicate.Play back the tape and see if there are any intelligent responses to the questions that have been asked.Another thing that people will do is to burn sage in their homes.This is known as smudging.You can burn the kind that you find in the grocery store spice isle,if she chooses to go this route,it must be burnt in each and every room and you must command the spirits to leave in Jesus Christ's name.Tell them that they longer belong in the home and you are banishing them from it.Some spirits just need help in crossing over.Hope this will be of some help to you.

Tomb Raider.

It sounds like the parents are handling this well and not making the kid scared or tell the kid she is just imagining things.

I have a grandson who at the age of 2 1/2 saw ghosts. He was taught to tell them that this is his house now and that they can't keep waking him up at night and that they need to go to the white light because they don't belong here and should never ever come back again.

Whether or not this is his imagination or he really sees things it is important for him to feel like he has control over the situation and put an end to it.

The family was haunted and even the adults saw an apparition and the neighborhood had lots f activity. I did historical research and found a little girl that died more than 100 years ago. The spirit was told to leave and not come back and it hasn't. I have a map of the grave of this little girl and hope to make a visit to her grave site and pray for her peace.

She is sincere, she is naturally psychic. I have had these experiences all my life, she is telling the truth as she sees it. I was four when it started for me, and my son was about three when he mention about a man he was seeing in his room. I knew of a woman because I would see her a lot, than a month later I saw the man my son was talking about.

Just let her work it all out if she seems to be doing ok at it, she will learn a lot through all her experiences, and she will see them most places that she moves to. Some children lose this ability as they grow, and some like your niece will see them all her life, and she will learn to use this as a gift to help those on both sides.

Intel~

• Deenie

The parents need to get some good advice about what to do about this. I wish I could say take her to a therapist but it would be hard to find one who believes in the paranormal and they would just put her on medication. Maybe they can find a minister to help them find someone to help. It's at least good that she's not scared...but keep in mind...if they really are there... they're around the parents too...everywhere they go in the house. I sure wouldnt want a man ..or a woman.. ghost hanging around my child ( although I think they did)

It takes braveness to stand up to a ghost and that i think of this is right here for un comprehensive buisness. i think of you need to go away a pen and peice of paper and ask it to place in writing what it needs. it is going to grow to be impatient in case you do not and worsen.

• John

It just sounds like this little girl is interpreting shadows in her room as a person and has given this person a personality, as all kids do when they have an imaginary companion. And like all kids, she has dreams and happened to dream of a lady on the couch, and sometimes it's difficult to tell what is a dream and what is real especially when young.

These are the common sense answers that should be considered first before jumping headfirst into the murky pool of far-fetched supernatural explanations.

How wonderful, the mind of a child!

She is not actually "making it up" as such but is just living out a phase of imaginary friends. She'll grow out of it soon. No need to worry. It just shows that her creative skills are very highly attuned and should be encouraged.

Your niece could be telling the truth. Look for evidence..... like asking neighbours, ask the appearence of the man etc. If it fits with the description of what your niece is saying, tell your niece to move houses.

It doesn't sound as if she's making it up. If you found out the man died after she started seeing him, there's no way she could have known about it.