How can I lose weight safely?

I gained a lot of weight lately and I don't feel like myself and none of my clothes fit me anymore.. I am really depressed all of the time but I have a hard time having self-control and will power. I always eat a ton and especially when I'm alone. I am not hungry when I binge. I feel like I'm... show more I gained a lot of weight lately and I don't feel like myself and none of my clothes fit me anymore.. I am really depressed all of the time but I have a hard time having self-control and will power. I always eat a ton and especially when I'm alone. I am not hungry when I binge. I feel like I'm addicted to food and I am 15 and want to [re]learn healthy habits before I go to college. I want to lose 15-20 lbs by april, 9th this year. Please give me tips or plans. Thanks so much! :D
P.S. I am on my school's (girl's) varsity cross country/ track teams so I run at least 6 days a week and don't slack off, I work hard in practice. Should I add my own strength training or extra exercises on my own, it's 98% eating that's making me gain weight and not lose weight (including no will power/ stuff along those lines) but I don't thonk more exercise would hurt.
I really want to lose weight because I feel out of character and depressed, and it would just make my life easier if I could do this. It is hard to explain how much stress it causes me. :(