Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 10 years ago

how do you reply when someone says this?

if you don't like the government then you can just get out of the country. can one hate his country's government and still love his country? can one hate his government and still be a patriot?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

how would we have ever achieved any change in this country without citizens who were unsatisfied with the way the government was being run? without change, we would still have slavery, child labor, and no workers rights. women would not have the right to vote or own property.

think about the change for the better we owe to people who were not happy and fought for their voice to be heard. think about it next time you criticize the "left wing loonies". were things so much better for you in the old days? maybe if you were rich and white and male (who are most often the ones against change), but some people fight for equality.

• 10 years ago

/ If you love your country, but not your government...vote! That's the bottom line.

In the meantime, we can join Tea Parties, call in talk shows, talk with your Representatives, post in Y/As, stay silent, or whatever else is legal.

The wonderful thing about the American system, is that the President is NOT a Monarchy. The President is an elected official with term limits. He was elected by the people for the people, and he can't just take that power for his own personal agenda and abuse by disregarding those who voted him into office.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Can one hate his government and still be a patriot? I would say that one requirement to being a patriot is to dislike(or hate if you like that word) your government.

Don't you think that if any of our historical patriots were around today that they would be opposing our current government just like they did in their time. Now a days people are too scared to stand up to the government. We would rather be enslaved our entire lives than risk death or imprisonment.

Our government gives us nothing but reasons to oppose them. Just the other day when that guy flew his plane into the IRS building in Austin, after I read the letter he left behind I thought "that was a true patriot". I think he was a hero. Ironically, most people think our government is corrupt, but they would not agree with what I just said because they are afraid of what others think of them.

I hope that someday people actually join together and oppose what our government is doing to us. We are no longer the land of the free and until we all stand up and do something about we will continue to be one of the most evil nations on earth.

• 10 years ago

someone said this about Jimi Hendrix's "star spangle banner" at woodstock the man said this song shows that you can hate your government while you love your country

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

No to hate the government would be to hate a curtain group just because they are in the group, that is terrorism. Now you can hate everything the government does but a general remark is uneducated.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

WELL I WISHED THE FAR LEFT LOONS WOULD LEAVE INSTEAD OF TRYING TO DESTROY THIS COUNTRY. THERE IS A LOT OF COUNTRIES THAT ARE RAN THE WAY THEY LIKE SO WHY MUST THE DESTROY THIS ONE.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.