Chris asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

what does " youni" mean in japanese and how do you use it in a sentence?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It's you ni. The most common way it's used is "so that" or "in order to" but there are other ways, which make it complex.

piano o jouzi ni hikeru YOU NI mainichi renshuu shite iru. (I play the Piano everyday SO THAT I can become good at it)

It's also common to use it as "like" too.

Yume de aru you ni (Like a dream)

There are others like using you na after nouns to describe the noun. You can also use it to describe verbs after nouns. It can also mean "it seems that" "it appears that".

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

what does " youni" mean in japanese and how do you use it in a sentence?

Source(s): quot youni quot japanese sentence: https://tinyurl.im/xtzq5
  • 3 years ago

You Ni Japanese

• Nadia
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

youni japanese sentence

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Carol
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/kpDlW

The " is called a ten-ten. It changes the way the character is pronounced. You'll have to learn them like you do all the regular characters. In the Japanese alphabet, the way I was taught, you can remember it by saying "Ah, Kana Signs. Think Now How Many You Read Well, (Nnnnn)." Ah (the vowels starting with A): あいうえお Kana (starting with K): かきくけこ Signs (starting with S): さしすせそ Think (and so on...): たちつてと Now: なにぬねの How: はひふへほ Many: まみむめも You: やゆよ Read: らりるれろ Well: わを Nnn: ん ANYWAY, I tell you this because the following can all be changed with the ten-ten. For example, rest your fingers gently on your throat, just under where it meets your chin. Say the regular reading of か (ka), now say the reading of が (ga). Notice how when you say が, your throat vibrates, whereas when you say か, it doesn't. This is the same with ALL the ten-ten characters. starting with K (K becomes a hard G sound, like "goat" and not "george"): かきくけこ ---> が (ga) ぎ (gi) ぐ (gu) げ (ge) ご (go) starting with S (S becomes Z): さしすせそ --> ざ (za) じ (ji) ず (zu) ぜ (ze) ぞ (zo) starting with T (T becomes D): たちつてと -->だ (da) ぢ (di, uncommon) づ (du, uncommon) で (de) ど (do) starting with H (H becomes B): はひふへほ -->ば (ba) び (bi) ぶ (bu) べ (be) ぼ (bo) Also, characters starting with H also can become P when a maru (a little circle) is added in place of a ten-ten: ぱ (pa) ぴ (pi) ぷ (pu) ぺ (pe) ぽ (po) I hope this makes sense!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it literally means "in the way (of)"

it has a couple of meanings, depending on how it's used

if it has a noun followed by "no" after it, it usually means "like", or "similar to" that noun

if it's at the end of a sentence (or just after a verb, but that's usually at the end), it can mean you want something to happen, or like... "may x happen" or "let x happen"

but even without "no", it can mean "like", if it's after a verb

if you remember the literally meaning "in the way (of)" you should be able to figure out the meaning

oh, and ni isn't always needed, sometimes its just you on it's own and used the same way

edit: oh, and it can also mean "in order to"

that would be used like.. "x to be done you ni y is done"

meaning in order for be x to be done y is done

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.