What is the best credit union or bank to use for a loan for someone with great credit score but old bankruptcy?

My mother orginally agreed to be my cosigner for a car. My Credit is very poor as Ive been consolidating debts and even with her as the cosigner- it didnt go through. Her credit score is over 720- she has a career- only thing is she has an old bankruptcy on her report from 5 years ago. She cannot get the car in... show more My mother orginally agreed to be my cosigner for a car. My Credit is very poor as Ive been consolidating debts and even with her as the cosigner- it didnt go through. Her credit score is over 720- she has a career- only thing is she has an old bankruptcy on her report from 5 years ago. She cannot get the car in just her name or an autoloan just in her name as then the insurance would have to be hers and it doesnt not reflect on my credit. She is willing to try for a personal loan(to loan me the money.) Im sure her interest rate would be better than anything i could get regardless,but I hope somewhere will loan the money(not a huge amount, maybe 7 to 8 thousand) .This would be my only other option correct? And Where are the best places to go for this with her situation (credit union names,personal banks?)
Update: She has no debt- all her debts were paid off awhile ago. I didnt get the reason as to why it got denied- all the sales guy speculated was that the loan amount was for too much(so im getting something less expensive) and/or my credit brought the deal down even with cosign.