Can Asthma causes death?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Absolutely. The airway can be compromised -without oxygen the body shuts down.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Source(s): Cure Your Asthma Permanently : http://AsthmaRelief.iukiy.com/?XBrf
  • 1 decade ago

Yes, asthma causes 4,000 deaths a year in the United States. But this is during very severe attacks, where an asthma sufferer can turn blue from lack of oxygen and can experience chest pain or even loss of consciousness. Just before loss of consciousness, there is a chance that the patient will feel numbness in the limbs and palms may start to sweat. The person's feet may become cold. Severe asthma attacks which are not responsive to standard treatments, called status asthmaticus, are life-threatening and may lead to respiratory arrest and death.

• ddc
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Yes it can. 3 people die every day from asthma. Its nothing to play around with I’ve been to the hospital a lest 10 times for asthma and I have only had asthma for 4 years.

Source(s): has asthma.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

yes..asthma can causes death..asthma happen when our respiratory system are not well like normal people..the throat is like narrow..i don't know its real narrow or not but i felt like narrow when i had an asthma attack..so, when you hard to breath it's a risk to you can't breath at all..and when you can't breath..you die..

Source(s): my dad had asthma..he is critical before but now it's better..i also had but not serious and now i'm fine like others..
  • 1 decade ago

Yes, I have known it to do so in extreme cases. My husband has asthma.

• Dr.T
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Asthma can reduce or constrict the ability to get oxygen into the bloodstream, hence it can be fatal.

• 1 decade ago

Just having the disease, i dont think so. but if you had an asthma attack and suffocated, possibly.

• If not treated properly yes as with any other condition. Under proper medication and taking care of one's self, it is extremely well controlled.

• 1 decade ago

Yes. Attacks can restrict air flow to where you cannot breathe. Thus why people with this condition use inhalers.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.