? asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

Whether Nature Therapy works for ADHD & ESD?

My daughter has been diagnosed as a case of ADHD & ESD. She is now 12 years old. She was given Attentrol 28 MG per day for last 3-4 years but without much develoment. Subsequently given SIZODON LS for 4 months but the condition deterioated. As such now only taking OMEGA-3 (Wild Salmon Oil) and two capsule given by a nature therapist. The composition of the said capsule is not known. The doctor named Dr Manivannan (pl refer websisite www.dontworry.com) is claiming that he is curing Autism and related brain disorder by this medicine. Please tell me whether I am going in the right direction.

Favorite Answer

I don't see how Omega-3 Fish Oil is capable of helping in even the slightest manner when dealing with ADHD (not sure what ESD stands for...). ADHD can be the result of anything from an underdeveloped corpus callosum (the brain structure that allows the right and left hemispheres of the brain to communicate with one another), to a chemical imbalance. So you can see how it would be obvious that fish oil capsules cannot be a solution to ADHD. I would truly like to suggest that you seek the advice of a neurologist who can properly diagnose the reason for your daughter's ADHD and ESD... Is it structural, chemical, etc.? Make sense? Best wishes to you and your family... God bless!

ADHD is not a myth and I hope Tom never has a child with ADHD. I haven't hear of play therapy. My boyfriend's 6 year old has ADHD and is medicated, however she still has trouble interacting with other children. She doesn't initiate play properly, is overbearing, and only plays well with children about a year younger than her. I am going to look up more info on it for myself, but in the meantime, I say try it. It certainly couldn't hurt.